Weather...

Dodgyknees

99mph at the Needles here. How cool. :)

At the Old Battery wasn't it? Wouldn't like be standing up there when that hit!!

Yup :) I'd have loved to have been up there! I'll throw a Pic up later for those who haven't been. Genuinely beautiful but not sheltered. :)

In SW London. Nothing but a bit of rain here, nothing too exciting.

Whereabouts are you? It was blowing a hooley in Twickenham last night. So much so it woke me up at about 5. Windmill Lane was a game of dodge the debris an hour later.

What a massive let down! I was expecting Wizard of Oz stuff! I was expecting to wake up surrounded by munchkins, on top of an old lady with stripy socks on!

You are Wayne Rooney I claim my 10 pounds

• Like 2

Some woman on local radio said it was a major tragedy because two people died

I suppose that is particularly sad, but how many people die in the UK on a yearly basis anyway because of weather related things?

What a massive let down! I was expecting Wizard of Oz stuff! I was expecting to wake up surrounded by munchkins, on top of an old lady with stripy socks on!

You are Wayne Rooney I claim my 10 pounds

What can I say? I've got a thing for green chicks, deal with it!

• Like 1

Got to London easy this morning from Brum on the 04:45 Megabus and Underground a bit delayed but Liverpool St Station was deserted, lovely. I was 4th into the office and over half have not rocked up at all, bloody southern softies. I also notice the Typical Network Rail work ethic, 1 man working and 4 watching?? Wish I could get a job there???

4iCtV7r.jpg

The trains into London on virtually every line are fooked.  I booked the day off work because it's half term, but I follow a few rail news feeds on Twitter (professional interest only, obviously) and they have posted quite a few pictures like this this morning. This one is at Dorchester, but it seems there are reports of 20-30 trees down over railway lines in most of the home counties which is going to be a problem as there aren't 20-30 gangs of blokes in each county to shift all of them at the same time.  It's quite fun to watch all of this unfold while I eat my cornflakes though. :)

Yep, got caught up in this this morning.

Should be in work now (in London) but my train stopped at Rugby and after about half an hour delay they told us to **** off back to Birmingham.

That's what you get for not travelling out of Moor Street. ;) 

in years to come when my kids ask 'what did you do in the great storm of 2013 daddy?'

I'll be able to look them in the eye, put my clenched fist to my heart and say with a waivering voice 'I put a brick on top of the bin lid, that did the trick'.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Temperature outside right now is 23 degF, with an 18 mph wind... wind chill is thus 9 degF (or -13 degC), and this only just after sunset.

Tonight is forecast to get down to 10 degF with a similar if not stronger wind, so there should be some subzero Fahrenheit wind chills.

Brrrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

Temperature outside right now is 23 degF, with an 18 mph wind... wind chill is thus 9 degF (or -13 degC), and this only just after sunset.

Tonight is forecast to get down to 10 degF with a similar if not stronger wind, so there should be some subzero Fahrenheit wind chills.

Brrrrrrrrr.

I would not like to be a kick returner in those conditions. ;)

• Like 1

Brrrrrrrrr.

Australian.

Summer.

• Like 1

Â