Weather...

Dodgyknees

This time last year we were on our 4th or 5th straight 40+ deg celsius day.

Forecast for the rest of the week is 31, 30, 31 and 32 so that will be lovely thanks very much for my first proper time off for the year. 

Sorry Aussies, but I don't care what anybody says, for Christmas that's just plain wrong

As an Australian I can agree that Christmas is a winter festival. It's a midwinter feast and doesn't suit hot weather, we tend to make the most of it by eating seafood but it's too hot to stuff yourself eating roast meat and puddings etc. 

I must say though that New Years is infinitely better in the summer :)

Actually pretty cool here in Canberra right now.

It's been one Atlantic storm after the next for a few weeks here in the UK. Once we get locked into this type of weather pattern it does seem to go on and on all winter. I guess it's just the position of the jet stream this winter. I prefer the colder drier winters to this shitty wind and rain.

Lovely bright clear frosty day in Leeds this morning. 

Same here.  Cold, crisp, still and a blue sky, the perfect winter's day. Next storm is due imminently though so enjoying it while it lasts.

Same here.  Cold, crisp, still and a blue sky, the perfect winter's day. Next storm is due imminently though so enjoying it while it lasts.

Certainly beats the Villa.

...and here it is!

This ones a big one, the winds have really picked up with some violent gusts going on here. Coupled with very heavy rain. There will be widespread structural damage from this.

Ok I will not be happy that we don't have snow. Just leave me alone.

very little weather happening here in the Midlands currently

It's on its way! I can't believe the change in the space of two hours.
You were right, quite a lot of wind over night. 2nd the panel of the month has bitten the dust. And all the cardboard I neatly stacked to take to the tip this morning is evenly scattered across mine and the neighbours garden.

In hindsight the garage would have been a far better location for the temporary storage.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Â