Weather...

Dodgyknees

Some guy who lives in Shanghai posted the view from his window on Reddit earlier:

lef99jm.jpg

It's smog.  He said the air quality index had gone to 505 (the chart is only supposed to go to 500!) which is hazardous to health.   It's dropped a little bit now  (364 as I type, down from a record high of 590) because it's evening and manufacturing will have slowed down for the day as workers go home but bloody hell, is that the kind of thing which used to happen in London in the middle part of the 20th century?  

T3pMMpw.jpg

For a point of reference the site lists the air quality in Birmingham (Acocks Green) as being 19, which is excellent.  It might be a bit cold and windy here, but at least the air isn't toxic. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

First snow today. Now just waiting for reports of traffic accidents cause people seems to get surprised by the white stuff every year.

I thought you guys were wise to all that, and it was only us that were stupid about it. 

First snow today. Now just waiting for reports of traffic accidents cause people seems to get surprised by the white stuff every year.

I thought you guys were wise to all that, and it was only us that were stupid about it. 

Northen swedes yep, they know how to deal with it. Southern not so much

Northen swedes yep, they know how to deal with it. Southern not so much

Was writing something like this. It surprises me that people still not get it but thats probably another thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Supposed to be driving upto Brum from Portsmouth today but the weather is supposed to be horrid.

I'm in 2 minds as to whether I should go and inevitably get blown from lane to lane up the A34 or wait until later / tomorrow morning.  Hmmmm!

The strong winds a coming

Horrible on the Island at the moment, ready to get soaked on my walk home!

Â