Weather...

Dodgyknees

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Thought I’d escaped the hot 30+ degree weather. Now I’m in north west Poland in Szczecin near the German border and it was 34 yesterday and absolutely sweltering last night. Hope it rains soon. My celtic genes are suffering this year. 

Worst drought in Europe for 500 years.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

1/3 of Pakistan is currently flooded. 

33 million people displaced. 

It's insane. 

I saw that statistic earlier, it’s mind blowing. They were saying there’s nowhere that isn’t flooded to pump the water to.

Absolutely torrential rain in North Birmingham all day with the odd but of thunder and lightning, but just now we've had a lightning strike very local that was followed by a huge rolling crack of thunder that, I exaggerate not, made the house move so much the blinds shifted in my work room.

• Like 2

I got caught in it @Chindie

Genuinely the heaviest rain I have ever seen. It was like getting in a shower fully clothed! 

I've never been wetter (kw) and i've been to wet and wild in Orlando! 

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

I got caught in it @Chindie

Genuinely the heaviest rain I have ever seen. It was like getting in a shower fully clothed! 

I've never been wetter (kw) and i've been to wet and wild in Orlando! 

I got caught in similar during lunch in town a few years back. Was absolutely soaked through when I got back to the office, I had to go to the toilets to ring out my clothes and then was parked in front of a fan heater for the rest of the day trying to dry off.

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

Absolutely torrential rain in North Birmingham all day with the odd but of thunder and lightning, but just now we've had a lightning strike very local that was followed by a huge rolling crack of thunder that, I exaggerate not, made the house move so much the blinds shifted in my work room.

Nearby, fierce thunder can shake your soul. Back in 2017 I had a crack so loud that it set off a car’s burglary alarm outside my house. I’ll never forget it.

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Back in 2017 I had a crack so loud that it set off a car’s burglary alarm outside my house. I’ll never forget it.

I'm questioning if this was a deliberate fish for a KW but what the heck. 

image.png.a9d7776fdb9351aca913c0c5094a4c44.png

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2022 at 15:26, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow and I sat on the Patio in mid October sunshine. 

It's like a full on summers day. 

We've been in the peak district all week, and it's been glorious, autumn colours and blue skies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We've been in the peak district all week, and it's been glorious, autumn colours and blue skies. 

Yeah? I've spent the evening in Bathams pubs in The Black County. 

It's been pissing down most of it but................ Bathams. 

• Like 2

Â