Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I kinda didnt wanna take the piss with the sprinkler though considering the lack of water situation 

I am not the kind of person to leave a sprinkler on for 4-5 hrs

I just used the hose for 10 minutes, don't wanna use lots of water especially with a meter.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There's nothing you can do about a lack of water. May as well just use it. 

But isnt that the point. A lack of water so we should be saving water on things like not having baths, spinklers, hosing more regularly 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I just used the hose for 10 minutes, don't wanna use lots of water especially with a meter.

Yeah. I was reading though watering for less than a couple hours a day is pointless when you have significantly less days of rain like we have had.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah. I was reading though watering for less than a couple hours a day is pointless when you have significantly less days of rain like we have had.

It was enough, didn't wanna use too much for obvious reasons. I didn't water the front garden and that's brown and scorched so has worked on the back. Just needs the stripes mowed back into it.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It was enough, didn't wanna use too much for obvious reasons. I didn't water the front garden and that's brown and scorched so has worked on the back. Just needs the stripes mowed back into it.

Yeah ive got front and back. Both are brown. Think im gonna look into artificial as i think we are gonna get more heatwaves each year now so our grass is gonna be more destroyed each year with the lack of rain

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah ive got front and back. Both are brown. Think im gonna look into artificial as i think we are gonna get more heatwaves each year now so our grass is gonna be more destroyed each year with the lack of rain

If you have or are thinking of getting a dog, be wary. Artificial grass in hot weather is very hot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But isnt that the point. A lack of water so we should be saving water on things like not having baths, spinklers, hosing more regularly 

Quite. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Wouldn't the rest of Europe be mega hot as well?! Its not just the UK that is warming up! :D 

I think the suggestion was Europe will be too hot and the UK will now be a more pleasant temperature to holiday in.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the suggestion was Europe will be too hot and the UK will now be a more pleasant temperature to holiday in.

I see. We can just use Wales as one big holiday resort. A Pontins stretching from Rhyl to Cardigan. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

I see. We can just use Wales as one big holiday resort. A Pontins stretching from Rhyl to Cardigan. 

Butlins is just poised to re-enter the Barry Island Market. Amirite @chrisp65

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My grass has gone all brown

Thats what I call a result! Brown grass doesn't need mowing, just get the green paint out like the Villa did if the colour bothers you :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Butlins is just poised to re-enter the Barry Island Market. Amirite @chrisp65

Well my parents will be a bit cheesed off as they now live on what was the Butlins site.

But I used to love that place as a kid, I knew every gap in the fence for free use of the bowling alley and indoor swimming pool.

spacer.png

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Thats what I call a result! Brown grass doesn't need mowing, just get the green paint out like the Villa did if the colour bothers you :D

Our garden is big and I'm like a slave to it. That summer 2 years ago I didn't have to cut it at all for 2 months. Was absolutely heaven. 

• Like 1

There were Orca off Borth about a week ago.

Along that whole coast in the last two weeks, Baskin, Thresher, and Orca. I don’t mean a mile out, I mean genuinely in swimming distance.

Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/07/2022 at 09:24, Seat68 said:

I am in Wales for the week (Borth) and it mizzling. Last week, sun, the next week, mizzle. Well at least it's not the heat of Monday and Tuesday. 

Went camping in Borth for our honeymoon. Didn't ever worry about the weather. Forecasters were telling us it would take a year and half of normal rainfall to fill up the reservoirs. The weather turned as the camping ended; the reservoirs were full by October. 1976

Fond memories of Borth ... used to go camping there as a kid too.

And currently in my local hotspot 4:30 in the afternoon it just reached 40 °C. Not that unusual. It's up there but not that unusual

Â