Weather...

Dodgyknees

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

Their sole purpose is to make people angry and scared. Like the Daily Mail. You're dead right they're not representative.

They are Representatives for Wellingborough though 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Apparently by 2040 we’ll be having regular summer days like we had Monday Tuesday . No fun at all that. Suppose we’ll worry about that in 2040 😉

I saw a projection of the English coastline in 2050 and it’s full of flash hotels and resorts. They predict people will come to holiday there from all over Europe as it will get too hot. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I saw a projection of the English coastline in 2050 and it’s full of flash hotels and resorts. They predict people will come to holiday there from all over Europe as it will get too hot. 

Is that the same coastline that’s predicted to be under water by 2050 if sea levels continue to rise . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lots of people to come and enjoy the nice weather!

****, wait... people from abroad?  Arrrgh, so conflicted.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is that the same coastline that’s predicted to be under water by 2050 if sea levels continue to rise . 

Yeah, with the hotels built a bit further back 

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People will call me crazy when I start work on my 5 star resort in West Brom 

• Haha 1

Tory master climate change plan: 

1. Ignore imminent climate disaster

2. Shuffle uneasily as tens or hundreds of millions of mostly brown people are displaced and become climate refugees

3. Evil laugh as sea levels rise, the channel becomes wider, and harder to cross

4. ?????

5. Profit.

• Like 1

All i know is this heatwave has absolutely destroyed my garden. My grass has gone all brown, the massive tree behind my fence that the council owns shit loads of leaves have fallen in my garden ( 3-4 months early)

My gardens fecked

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

All i know is this heatwave has absolutely destroyed my garden. My grass has gone all brown, the massive tree behind my fence that the council owns shit loads of leaves have fallen in my garden ( 3-4 months early)

My gardens fecked

Shoulda kept it watered. I wasn't gonna let the sun kill my grass, it's only a couple of months since we laid the turf. It's still lovely and green, an with this wet weather now, it will look like the VP pitch by the end of the weekend.

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shoulda kept it watered. I wasn't gonna let the sun kill my grass, it's only a couple of months since we laid the turf. It's still lovely and green, an with this wet weather now, it will look like the VP pitch by the end of the weekend.

I kinda didnt wanna take the piss with the sprinkler though considering the lack of water situation 

I am not the kind of person to leave a sprinkler on for 4-5 hrs

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I kinda didnt wanna take the piss with the sprinkler though considering the lack of water situation 

I am not the kind of person to leave a sprinkler on for 4-5 hrs

There's nothing you can do about a lack of water. May as well just use it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Lots of people to come and enjoy the nice weather!

****, wait... people from abroad?  Arrrgh, so conflicted.

Wouldn't the rest of Europe be mega hot as well?! Its not just the UK that is warming up! :D 

10 hours ago, blandy said:

What if there’s no desire to have an argument? What if it goes like this:

“I love the hot weather, I love that for a day or two the weather is like when we go to Greece. Couple of cold drinks, kids pool in the garden, we’re making the most of it”

”But can’t you see half of Europe is on fire?”

”Yeah, but why are you angrily telling me that, why are you cross at me?”

”People are dying”

“Look mate, I’m just sitting in the garden in one of the few nice days weather we get each year, trying to chill out and forget about the gas bill. People dying is sad, but c’mon, don’t be angry and miserable at me all the time”

For me, I'm aware there is a climate change catastrophe, but what I can I do? I work from home, I recycle, I use public transport when going into town (mate), I do have a car, but its old and does less than 5k per year. I'm not materialistic, I don't have endless parcels of tat from China delivered by Amazon or sweat shop clothes from Bangladesh delivered by Asos. I don't have kids so overall my carbon footprint is small.

What more can I do? It's a fart in a hurricane really, while China build loads of new coal power stations and the worlds population ticks over 8 billion this year and heads towards 10 billion in the next 30 years, mainly driven by a handful of countries. 

I'll just have to accept that the world is blowing up and to enjoy what time I have left! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is this sarcasm or you being serious?

Â