Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

Good player, very promising and positive attitude as well. If we get Berbatov in, there's little chance of Robinson getting into the team, so maybe loan him out for a season so that he can get some games under his belt and once Adebayor and Berbatov bugger off, he can step up and hopefully overtake Gabby in the pecking order next season. He's nearly there but a full season in a decent league will do him a world of good.

Edited by Khizzy

• 2 weeks later...

Gone to Bristol City on a season long loan

Good luck to him, he looked very alive in preseason I'm sure he'll be great for Bristol.

Would have liked to see him around the team but development wise a loan is a good move, plus a great club in the right situation too.

It'll be interesting to see whether we see some under 18s getting some exposure in our team. I'd be very happy with that sort of development procedure (teens coming through, 20's getting games).

Bristol City could be pretty exciting this season.  They've made some strong moves in the transfer and loan markets.

Good place for Robinson to be right now IMO.

Yeah, it’s a good opportunity for him.

Cotterill seems to give form players a chance.

Another of our academy graduates Derek Williams has established himself there.

If he gets enough game-time this could be a great move for him and us.

They were quite an attacking side last season from what little I saw and read on them, it's a step up in division for him too so if he proves he can do it at championship level then he'll get a crack at the Prem next year I'm sure of it. (considering that Timmy obviously rates the ability to score goals at Championship level, i.e. Gestede)

Surely if he's ready and good enough he'd be staying at the club, if Gary G goes as well I think they will probably end up playing full time in the championship

He's probably not ready, though.  Hence the loan move...

• Like 2

First league/home start for Robinson tonight vs Leeds. Be interesting to see where and how he plays. Freeman who is their main creative force is suspended tonight and for the next 2 games. Robinson is stepping in. Big shoes to fill in their side.

• Like 1

Â