Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

Robinson is going to be a big player for us in the Championship.

:D

:D I was low after that Stoke defeat. Robinson is going to be a big player for us in the Premiership.

We could still go down, it's not over yet despite our recent form

:D I was low after that Stoke defeat. Robinson is going to be a big player for us in the Premiership.

True. But I am more optimistic about us staying up than I was when we were beaten by Stoke, I could see no way back after that game and reacted on my feelings.

True. But I am more optimistic about us staying up than I was when we were beaten by Stoke, I could see no way back after that game and reacted on my feelings.

Fair enough 

There was some really interesting comments from Sherwood on him today, don't think they've been picked up.

Was along the lines of he'll play for PNE in second leg of semi final play off, we'll then recall him (and he won't go back for the final if PNE make up). Sherwood then said he'd assess him for two weeks in training along with the other returning loanees and if he does enough he'll play against Burnley which hints we'll put out a scratch side against them as long as we're safe and Burnley don't have anything to play for either.

• Like 2

he does enough he'll play against Burnley which hints we'll put out a scratch side against them as long as we're safe and Burnley don't have anything to play for either.

Good Idea tbf, rest the key players for the FA cup and experiment with new players and give then some experience.

Another reason to beat Southampton.

So now PNE have made the final he won't play in it. As of now we've recalled him for the two week training trial period Sherwood is seemingly putting through the other loanees,

He didn't play in the Chesterfield game did he unless he had already been recalled. To be fair he's not first choice. Gardner and Beckford so he would have only been on the bench. 

• 4 weeks later...

Didnt know he was in Toulon tournament. He got a goal while he was at it. No idea how he played

According to reports he was excellent in the last match and grabbed a couple of assists.

I like him and hope he grabs his chance next season.

• Like 1

I watched the game on BT Sport, England U20 were robbed by two really poor officiating decisions both resulting in penalties. Robinson came on as a sub. CR looked very good coming in from the left wing - excellent movement, link-up play, directly running at the US defence with the ball, He also brushed off a few challenges with his strength and skill. Robinson will be an upgrade on Weimann IMO.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I don't like to write players off but I watched a fair amount of him at Preston last year and don't think he's good enough to be first choice for them in any position in their different formations. So I don't expect the guy to make it here unfortunately.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

I think he's got a season's grace Skarroki - he'll be 21 next Feb (as per Wikipedia) and I think that's the age to conclude whether or not he'll be able to cut it.

Yeah fair point, he still has time to prove he can push on, I think he is pretty much there as a physical athlete and could cope in that respect. It's his thought process when going forward, it's the only thing that worries me. Like N'zogbia to a certain extent, doesn't release the ball in time more often than not. Hopefully that can be coached out of him

Its a question of how he plays with better players too I suppose. Grayson seems quite rigid in terms of his philosophy. Mason at Spurs went on loan everywhere and was almost deemed not good enough, and suddenly is now in their first 11. You just have to give these younger players a chance at PL level. I still can't believe we let Johnson. 

Edited by BigCarew
  • Like 2

He started off great at PNE though.

I really don't think Lambert did him any favours by bizarrely recalling him for the xmas period, didn't play him and then he went back to PNE when Joe Garner was fit again so they'd changed their attacking line up a fair bit.

Harry Kane wasn't that amazing in his loan spells if you look back, not that I'm expecting Robbo to be of the same ilk of course.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â