Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

Sounds about right AE. Seems to be a straight swap for Freeman, playing just behind their front 2 in the hole from what I can gather on the radio. They do the wing back thing down Ashton Gate. but basically 2 holding and Robinson floating

Sound unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time. Robinson has drawn a few fouls and linked up ok with Bryan their Left wingback. Had a pop from long range early on. But Bristol all the posession. Leeds hit them on the counter and dived for a penalty in a nutshell so far.

• Like 1

Ouch, 0-2 down now are Bristol.

Cheers. Pleased to hear that Robinson is getting some game time though, it's a shame when players go on loan and don't get a look in so fingers crossed he can keep in and around the starting XI which can only be good for us.

Edited by alreadyexists

i'm a big fan also, just thought this was his breakthrough season and that he'd already shown enough at Preston to be given a place in the squad.

Agreed, I thought the same, I thought he'd get an opportunity here this season and have a similar impact to Grealish but it wasn't meant to be, he can still make it here though definitely

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Seems Reid did pretty well after he came on, setting up a goal in their 2-2 draw. Good comeback for them though they should never have been 2-0 down in the first place. Lifts them off the bottom of the table albeit on goals scored. 89th minute goal and an equaliser on 90+5 apparently. That'll probably see Callum back on the bench on Saturday.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm sure ~I read somewhere today that Robinson, Sellars and Calder are out of contract. We ought to give them new deals. Our squad is going to be wafer thin and these guys could come in and give us options. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I'm sure ~I read somewhere today that Robinson, Sellars and Calder are out of contract. We ought to give them new deals. Our squad is going to be wafer thin and these guys could come in and give us options. 

I agree with you to some extent but I think that these players need regular first team football in order to develop. They aren't kids anymore and I don't think u21 football would be beneficial to them

36 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

If we let Calder go that will come back and bite us, potential to be a good player imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with you to some extent but I think that these players need regular first team football in order to develop. They aren't kids anymore and I don't think u21 football would be beneficial to them

I agree u21 isn't what they need now. I think Robinson is ready for our first team now IMO. Sellars and Calder could go and get League 1 or 2 experience next season and then we can re-evaluate. It just annoys me letting them go for free and then we see them become good players (e.g Jordan Graham). I think we should loan them and then at least get a fee with future clauses (like Arsenal did with Afobe). 

29 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I agree u21 isn't what they need now. I think Robinson is ready for our first team now IMO. Sellars and Calder could go and get League 1 or 2 experience next season and then we can re-evaluate. It just annoys me letting them go for free and then we see them become good players (e.g Jordan Graham). I think we should loan them and then at least get a fee with future clauses (like Arsenal did with Afobe). 

I think you could be right :)

15 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Robinson couldn't get a game for Preston though.

I am not sure if he has anything about him to be honest. Seems quite slow, isn't quite a striker, isn't quite a creator. Not sure what he does.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Robinson couldn't get a game for Preston though.

I am not sure if he has anything about him to be honest. Seems quite slow, isn't quite a striker, isn't quite a creator. Not sure what he does.

For me he would certainly be in the first team squad but maybe not starting. If Gabby is done and if we lose Ayew what options have we got left? Just Gestede and Kozak. Every time I've watched him he's looked a bit raw but full of energy and effort. 

3 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

For me he would certainly be in the first team squad but maybe not starting. If Gabby is done and if we lose Ayew what options have we got left? Just Gestede and Kozak. Every time I've watched him he's looked a bit raw but full of energy and effort. 

We do have Hepburn-Murphy also and no doubt at least one other young forward showing promise.  If we want promotion next year, having Robinson in the squad ain't gonna help in my opinion.  A better option might be to loan someone who is simply better and more reliable to score goals. 

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We do have Hepburn-Murphy also and no doubt at least one other young forward showing promise.  If we want promotion next year, having Robinson in the squad ain't gonna help in my opinion.  A better option might be to loan someone who is simply better and more reliable to score goals. 

What has Hepburn Murphy done compared to Robinson? I'm all for giving youth a chance hence why I think Robinson should be in our squad. He has played more football league games that Hepburn Murphy at this stage. Personally I think Hepburn should be in and around the squad too with a loan spell or two next season. 

Â