Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

• 2 weeks later...

If we were linked with him as a signing this window, and saw that video I'm sure we'd be happy enough in the investment.

Looks tidy enough, just needs blooded with some higher quality opposition. Loan to the championship with a view of playing him in the new year if he does well

Thanks for posting gentleman, I think he is a terrific footballer, he's got a really good football brain which cannot be taught, he's got a real chance of making it at this football club, he seems to have a good attitude as well which will stand him in good stead

• Like 2

Thanks for posting gentleman, I think he is a terrific footballer, he's got a really good football brain which cannot be taught, he's got a real chance of making it at this football club, he seems to have a good attitude as well which will stand him in good stead

I have always had high hopes for Robinson.

I have always had high hopes for Robinson.

Agreed, he might not have the immediate impact that Grealish has had but I think he deserves a run in our team, he can play anywhere across the front line as well which is a bonus. In his brief cameos for our first team, I think he has done well but they have been sporadic

Think he could with another loan.

We really recalled him at the worst possible time last season, only Lambert could do that. Went back to PNE and wasn't as good so I'd send him out first half of the season and bring him back at xmas.

• Like 1

Maybe a little lightweight?  And perhaps a little lacking in the close skills to compensate?

I wouldn't say so from what I have seen of him. I think CR can do just as well as Grealish if he is given an opportunity.

• Like 1

He's young but from what I've seen of him he looks decent enough. He has possibly the best manager in the league looking after him so I think he'll get his chance this season if he keeps his preseason work up. Depending on how the transfer window goes he may have to go on loan for some football, championship for a few months, but he'll be starting soon enough

If we were linked with him as a signing this window, and saw that video I'm sure we'd be happy enough in the investment.

Looks tidy enough, just needs blooded with some higher quality opposition. Loan to the championship with a view of playing him in the new year if he does well

I agree with the loan part, if we were linked with him, i'd be saying he's not the brightest young talent at PNE, that title belongs ironically to Johnson who we've just sold. If he'd stayed that window i would expect him to be featuring this year under Sherwood.

I genuinely do want him to do well for us and I don't mean to seem like i'm being unnecessarily pessimistic but I've never watched him and thought he has a football brain. He seems to make the wrong decision more often than not whenever I saw him which was frustrating because I was hoping he'd set the league alight and force his way back into the team after Beckford joined in his absense.

Bizarrely, competition for places, instead of spurring him on, seemed to be his undoing.

Not going to write him off, will see how he does, but comparing his performances to how Grealish played in league 1, you could tell even if he had bad spells that Grealish was playing at a level too low for him. With Robinson it was different for me.

All down to opinions though i guess, and the coaching staff's opinions are far more important. Good luck to him wherever he is September 1st

• 2 weeks later...

As I was writing this he stuck the ball in the back of the net.

And, I was going to write I think he'll be good with Kozak because there will be little expected from him and Kozak is a smarter sort of player.

Much better punt than Gabby, though I think he's got a long way to go to be a top striker, he knows where the back of the net is but I question his dribbling and he doesn't move the ball out his feet quickly, or accurately enough. Far too young to judge.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

impressive when he came on, lad has talent and a footballing brain as well by the looks of it. Offered more in 15 mins than Sinclair in 90

I think he's got a good brain but he has other attribributes like his finishing and pace which overshadow it, he's a good all round player who is versatile, I'd love to see him make it here, i think the signs are promising, just needs a run of games, i think he should've been given more opportunities than he has had so far

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â