Libor Kozák

samjp26

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I wonder if there is some sort of clause where we have to pay Lazio more money or Kozak more money per week for league games played? It wouldn't suprise me if this was the case.

And manager's have been told not to pick Kozak because of this.

nope. keeping team up is worth more than paying some club $ for player appearences

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I know he's a proven goal scorer. But i'd be amazed if Lazio could demand £7 million and then a clause for more money after only 15 appearances. 

Was just a thought mate :) you are more than right though. Just think it's strange why so many manager's are not picking him specially after he is scoring for U21's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Was just a thought mate :) you are more than right though. Just think it's strange why so many manager's are not picking him specially after he is scoring for U21's.

I think it's as simple as they don't rate him. I don't think there's any other reason.

1 hour ago, GeordieVillan said:

This guy must have shagged Lambert's wife, Sherwood's wife, Garde's wife, Randy's wife and Fox's wife. There is no other explanation for how he can't even get in the squad or on for 5 minutes.

Lambert used him a lot until he got injured. Sherwood you can understand was reluctant to use him until he got up to speed after almost 2 years out injured. Garde just seems like an angry Frenchman who forgot about how to utilize a squad and give everybody a chance to show their worth.

Garde may be right in that Kozak is no better than the other strikes, but he never said he was worse. I don't get why he is so stubborn after a 15 game winless streak.

Edited by momo

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Any chance of making the bench at least against Newcastle?  You'd have him down to score against them...

I'd say no, even though he is scoring. Apparently scoring goals isn't enough according to Garde???

58 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'd say no, even though he is scoring. Apparently scoring goals isn't enough according to Garde???

The situation is a tad silly, scoring under 21s is about Newcastle level..

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Garde prefers Gestede, from some reason. Pretty baffling. I'm not saying Kozak is that good, but he appears to be a more competent finisher than Gestede, and Gestede has frankly been awful for us. 

The refusal to play Kozak and Traore together who seem to link up pretty well is odd. Especially when our attack is the worst in the premier league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he's the most natural finisher at the football club, I'd be amazed if he was allowed to leave

Really? Including Ayew?

Personally I think he often looks quite awkward taking chances and has more of a knack of being in the right place to tap them away, which I'm not knocking and is a useful trait, than being a quality finisher.

Â