Libor Kozák

samjp26

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Complaining about lack of mobility upfront and suggesting Kozak is hilarious. 

Nearly as funny as the idea that we can't afford to play such quality as Kozak. Nothing to do with complete lack of ability.

Depends what you class as mobility, at least Kozak understands to shift his body in order to win the ball. Gestede expects his strength and height will win him the ball. Like Gabby thinking a ball to feet is the best option. Maybe in the Championship, but probably not even there!

He also moves to create space and backs up to get involved, he's slow and he lumbers but in a match situation he does offer something different to Gestede. Maybe he' be turd, but it's been a long time since he played so under current circumstances it's madness that he hasn't had a shot.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, if you say so. 

Proven goal scorer, works hard, mobile in the box. What a player.

I've said none of those things.

All I've said is he's more mobile than Gestede. I've actually agreed with you that Kozak shouldn't be in the team.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeah, if you say so. 

Proven goal scorer, works hard, mobile in the box. What a player.

No, sorry, you're wrong here.  If you're going to put words in my mouth, at least get them right.

He's proven he can score goals (he's done this at our football club for **** sake) and is good at moving in the box to get on the end of crosses/passes.  He's not quick, he's not a great striker, he's not going to score 20 a season.  However, he'd give more than Gestede does when we're simply not playing wingers or crossing the ball.

I know this is hard for you to get your head round because you just flip into a mad rage whenever you see him, but he does the whole "making room" thing well.  Similar to Darren Bent, but never going to score as many as him.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I've said none of those things.

All I've said is he's more mobile than Gestede. I've actually agreed with you that Kozak shouldn't be in the team.

That wasn't aimed at you. I should have been more specific.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is clearly a reason why the last 2 managers don't rate him to even get a space on the bench

A horrific leg injury?

Edit:  Although, no-one here is saying he's a great striker - just that he'd be worth a shot.

Edited by bobzy

Its easy to say why haven't the last two managers picked him but the last 2 have also consistently picked Gestede despite him being utterly useless so its really a nothing point. He had a long term confidence destroying injury and thats most of the reason hes not been picked. He's far better than Gestede for me, i know hes limited but at least hes good at those things unlike Gestede who seems to be good at nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Its easy to say why haven't the last two managers picked him but the last 2 have also consistently picked Gestede despite him being utterly useless so its really a nothing point. He had a long term confidence destroying injury and thats most of the reason hes not been picked. He's far better than Gestede for me, i know hes limited but at least hes good at those things unlike Gestede who seems to be good at nothing.

Gestede is pretty ace in the air to be fair.  But we don't play with wingers!

Even the dumbest person in the world can surely look at our situation, see yet another result of a massive ZERO goals and denounce they had nothing in the locker and that this guy is actually scoring, irrespective of what competition and may offer us more than what we have.

Not making thel bench, based on what is making the bench is just starting look wholly silly.

Edited by Neil
Typo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is clearly a reason why the last 2 managers don't rate him to even get a space on the bench

I don't think anybody is saying that they really rate Kozak, I certainly don't. 

What they are saying is that they rate him a little more highly that Gastede, as do I. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I don't think anybody is saying that they really rate Kozak, I certainly don't. 

What they are saying is that they rate him a little more highly that Gastede, as do I. 

But the last 2 managers clearly don't and they see the players every day. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd give him a go but it can't be coincidence that the last 2 managers think otherwise 

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:
2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm sure there is a reason but that doesn't mean they're right!

Surely more qualified to judge than us fans who just watch the games? (or you would think so!)

I'm not knocking anyone's opinion, it just seems any player not playing becomes a saviour, like Gil was. 

Edited by Xela

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

But the last 2 managers clearly don't and they see the players every day. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd give him a go but it can't be coincidence that the last 2 managers think otherwise 

Fair point, and as I said mate I'm certainly not a big fan of Kozak, picking between the two is like asking which one of my testicles i would prefer to have chewed off. I just think that he is ever so slightly more mobile than Gastede and has a slightly better touch. 

You know what? Whilst typing this I've honestly had to pause and consider the fact that fans of Aston Villa Football Club (myself including) are discussing the merits of Rudy Gastede and Libor Kozak as our main striker, How far has this club fallen?

Thank you Randy you rocket polisher. 

2 hours ago, Bunnski said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there are orders from above not to play him as maybe there is a clause in the deal with lazio that mean we have to pay out more money if he plays another couple of games or something like that as it's bizarre to me that he isn't getting a sniff.

he has only played about 8 games for us, usually them clauses come in after about 40 or 50 games

I wonder if there is some sort of clause where we have to pay Lazio more money or Kozak more money per week for league games played? It wouldn't suprise me if this was the case.

And manager's have been told not to pick Kozak because of this.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â