Libor Kozák

samjp26

26 minutes ago, penguin said:

Really? Including Ayew?

Personally I think he often looks quite awkward taking chances and has more of a knack of being in the right place to tap them away, which I'm not knocking and is a useful trait, than being a quality finisher.

I meant in terms of the strikers, I don't class ayew as an out and out striker but he is an excellent finisher also

This is all based on a handful of games last season where he scored 4 (I think) goals in quick succession, but generally, in my opinion, looked slow and ungainly, had a poor touch and was unable to hold the ball up. He has scored goals recently, but in pre-season and Under-21's, so you have to take into account the standard of defenders he was up against. Gestede, again in my opinion, is better, and improving, and I would love to be wrong, but he is not good enough either.

We need a decent striker.

Piast Gliwice want him. The manager is Czech and wants to bring in some players he is familiar with. Doubt Kozak would go there though. He could easily go back to a top Czech club and Celtic apparently will make a bid in January. Needs to leave this club though. He was not even given a chance and likely won't either. Maybe Lambert might try to grab him on loan? 

I'll be a bit dissapointed to see him go tbh, not because I think he's a world beater, I just think he'd be a better option than gestede.

From what I remember he had excellent control on his headers and was a decent finisher, seemed to have that ability to find the space and preferred the ball in to feet.

I think he would be more suited the way we are playing atm , but that injury could have really affected him, and his mobility wasn't great beforehand.

Kozak would have been perfect against Newcastle. Kozak would have jumped on all those chances Ayew was creating then yelling at Sinclair for. Kozak is not static in the box like Sinclair and Gestede. That's what we need. 

• Like 1

Well, the distinct lack of open play goals continue.  Rock bottom, and couldn't get any worse is still in full swing.

The reasoning as to why it's not worth a punt on this guy, at least being in the squad, has fully vanished.  I can't understand it.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's shit. But its reached the point where he deserves a chance. 

Either way you look at it, we're at rock bottom desperation...so the only logic defies the fact he's frozen out and not even an option to throw on the pitch.

Â