Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak is to Garde what Carles Gil is to Tim Sherwood.

and before anyone attacks me, this isn't about who is better or more deserving of a starting birth out of Gil and Kozak.

This is just another example of a managerial blindspot, baring in mind Nzogbia managed to get on the pitch under Garde.

In his interview he quotes that he has 9 attacking players to chose from, yet only Kozak and Gestede are what you would call traditional centre forwards (this due to our failure to sign Adebeyor or have a plan B for the failure). The rest are deep lying forwards, wide men or wingers, and only one out of that 9 actually scores goals. And you'd barely call Gabby a footballer this days let alone an attacker (Zog has left on a mission to find the perfect jumper so can't be counted surely?)

again if Garde had no intention of playing Kozak then why didn't he let him go out on loan, if we are over burdened with forwards? You can't move for strikers at Bodymoor Heath these days.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

I think it maybe comes down to if you want a new striker in Jan, then get rid of one.

Kozak is the fall guy. Shame, it's just one of those football things, injury, new managers. We never got to see what he could have done with an extended run in the side.

Played with big love for the club from day one. All the best big man.

15 hours ago, penguin said:

Being too kind there I think, It's proving some people have a completely false definition of the term. Whilst he's perhaps shown some promise for us in terms of starts or minutes played to goals, although a very small sample size, he's not been scoring regularly since he was at Opava, calling him a proven goalscorer is ridiculous.

ITT we learn that "proven he can score" and "proven goalscorer" are very different things.

To demonstrate:  Libor Kozak has proven he can score.  Jordaw Ayew has proven he can score.  Christian Benteke is a proven goalscorer.  Sergio Aguero is a proven goalscorer.

The only thing "ridiculous" thing here is the rush for some people to try and put others down.

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

ITT we learn that "proven he can score" and "proven goalscorer" are very different things.

To demonstrate:  Libor Kozak has proven he can score.  Jordaw Ayew has proven he can score.  Christian Benteke is a proven goalscorer.  Sergio Aguero is a proven goalscorer.

The only thing "ridiculous" thing here is the rush for some people to try and put others down.

They clearly aren't very different things especially in the context they have been used, they have very similar connotations.

Your demonstration has done little to clear anything up, what's the criteria for someone to have "proven" they can score that's so different to calling someone proven goalscorer ?  That they've scored a goal before I suppose could be a strict definition, but this clearly adds no value to the discussion and isn't what is being implied by the term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

They clearly aren't very different things especially in the context they have been used, they have very similar connotations.

Your demonstration has done little to clear anything up, what's the criteria for someone to have "proven" they can score that's so different to calling someone proven goalscorer ?  That they've scored a goal before I suppose could be a strict definition, but this clearly adds no value to the discussion and isn't what is being implied by the term.

One would refer to someone who has proven they can score over a short-term period and the other is a player who is renowned for scoring goals.

It was clarified by stating that Kozak has a better goals:game ratio than any striker at our club.  He's worth a shot in the team (IMO) because of this.  Not once did I call him a proven goalscorer.

For further example, Gabby Agbonlahor has proven he can score.  Would you call him a "proven goalscorer", though?  No.

11 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I think it maybe comes down to if you want a new striker in Jan, then get rid of one.

Kozak is the fall guy. Shame, it's just one of those football things, injury, new managers. We never got to see what he could have done with an extended run in the side.

Played with big love for the club from day one. All the best big man.

To be fair if we have to sell anyone he is the most likely candidate that a) we could actually sell and .b.) get some money for

Gestede - Unliley as we just bought him

Ayew - Unlikely as we just bought him and he is looking half decent

Sinclair - Unlikely as we just bought him

Agbonlahor - Unlikely as he's shite

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

One would refer to someone who has proven they can score over a short-term period and the other is a player who is renowned for scoring goals.

It was clarified by stating that Kozak has a better goals:game ratio than any striker at our club.  He's worth a shot in the team (IMO) because of this.  Not once did I call him a proven goalscorer.

For further example, Gabby Agbonlahor has proven he can score.  Would you call him a "proven goalscorer", though?  No.

If you score 1 goal you have proved you can score. You would necessarily have to use a different criteria to call a player a proven goalscorer, ie. the number of goals scored, and perhaps the period of time during which they were scored. And until someone rules on these points it is purely subjective.

As for Agbonlahor, I am not a fan these days, but strictly speaking he is a proven goal scorer. 

So someone who has scored a goal a few goals has proved they can score. God that's clutching a bit. Makes you wonder why a manager would choose not pick someone who has proved they can score. That seems like something that would be very useful to a football team. 

Â