Libor Kozák

samjp26

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's shit. But its reached the point where he deserves a chance. 

similar, i dont think he is shit but he is OK we have a negative manager who doesnt take risks so we wont see him :( 

• Like 1

Unless he is absolutely pants then I think he's been treated unfairly by the club. These are the depths that Aston Villa Football Club has sunk. 

I wonder what what excuses he has been given as to why he doesn't play: 'we spent a lot on sorting your legs out, they aren't ready yet'. We don't think you can take the emotional trauma of another leg break'.

So with Gestede being unable to hit a barn door and Ayew suspended, will Kozak be given a go? Probably not. But I tell you one thing, Kozak, for all his faults, actually moves in the box rather than waiting for the ball to hit his head and is a better finisher in the box than Gestede from what I've seen. 

Garde's inability to give him any sort of game time, even as a sub, is very, very concerning. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sherwood also kept him out. For me this signals something more from those higher up. Wonder if he has a clause or something.

Did he keep him out, did we have long enough to know he was keeping him out...at least anything other than only just returning from a serious injury.

We're way past just returning now, and he's demonstrated he can actually do something...albeit it with the under 21's, but it's still more than some of the other oxygen thieves can muster.  We just seeminlgy want to stick with a losing formula.

33 minutes ago, Neil said:

Did he keep him out, did we have long enough to know he was keeping him out...at least anything other than only just returning from a serious injury.

We're way past just returning now, and he's demonstrated he can actually do something...albeit it with the under 21's, but it's still more than some of the other oxygen thieves can muster.  We just seeminlgy want to stick with a losing formula.

“At the moment I favour the players in front of him,” said Sherwood.

Sherwood didn't fancy him either

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Again, all at times when Koza was just coming back from a massive injury - before we knew Gestede was absolutely turd and before we were looking almost certain for relegation.

You can't really say that Sherwood didn't fancy him, just that as he said he preferred the players he was using as first team at that moment.  It's all too much of a short time span, and if asked directly - with a direct answer, he probably couldn't say he didn't like or not like one way or another.  

It's simply no barometer to say whether Kozak is any good, or not.  But we're at a desperate situation now where it's impossible to argue that we shouldn't be trying out one of our other strikers to get..ya know...goals.

With all the crap play I watch from the ones that make the first team.....what exactly excludes him....I'm intrigued.

I would have thought "long John Silver" would be in with a shout if he was in the squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

With all the crap play I watch from the ones that make the first team.....what exactly excludes him....I'm intrigued.

I would have thought "long John Silver" would be in with a shout if he was in the squad.

Long John Silver definitely would. We employ and play those stealing for a living!

• Like 1

I never thought he was any good....just a par for the course Villa signing.

Just don't think he is a standout worse than the other incumbents.

Edited by TRO

20 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Just imagine if he comes off the bench to score the winner. VT would implode with all the "see told you he was worth a go" or "good goal but he's still sh1t" comments 

Whilst some don't rate him, I don't think you'd get any complaints if he scores a winner. We're all villa fans at the end of the day.

Happy to see him get back on the pitch. He made a few good build up passes and looked like he wanted the ball. That's the one thing I like with Kozak. He was constantly moving and showing for passes. 

Even if he leaves the club, it was still nice to see him finally wear the Villa shirt again. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Happy to see him get back on the pitch. He made a few good build up passes and looked like he wanted the ball. That's the one thing I like with Kozak. He was constantly moving and showing for passes. 

Even if he leaves the club, it was still nice to see him finally wear the Villa shirt again. 

Agreed and he also has a 'nice' anger in him too. Will always fight. 

Â