Libor Kozák

samjp26

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think Gestede and Gabby can cause more problems than Kozak.

We don't need problems on the pitch, we need goals and the only guy scoring ATM can't get in the side.

Eat, sleep, bang head on the wall and repeat

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

We don't need problems on the pitch, we need goals and the only guy scoring ATM can't get in the side.

Ayew is playing upfront and his scoring has improved. 

Kozak is scoring against u21 championship team defenders. 

Do you not think Garde would pick him if its so clear he's going to do well?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neil said: We don't need problems on the pitch, we need goals and the only guy scoring ATM can't get in the side.

Why are bringing ayew back in to it? Again, no one is suggesting dropping ayew for Kozak

And I'm hoping garde watched him for the under 21s and yes it was vs defenders that he should be beating but that's not what he should be looking for, it's sharpness, it's movement, it's quality when you do get that chance and IMO the 2 goals show that

I don't think Kozak is the answer and I desperately hope we sign a new striker in jan but at the same time I really don't understand how or why he hasn't been given a sniff, especially considering how bad gestede has been

He should be coming on as a sub at least. He certainly can poached goals.

Couple of times v Watford a corner and few crosses rolled along the 6 yard box and no one read it so I don't really see a poacher amongst the strikers we play. Ayew is currently best performing but he does his best work outside the box.

I think Kozak / Ayew might be an interesting combination, they might complement each other really well. Creative/attacking midfielders (I don't see Gil/Grealish actually scoring that many goals themselves) need players up front that can work the defence - drawing the defenders out of position by strength/positions/agility/speed, making themselves available for a pass, being aware of and reacting to their team mates' positions/movements, finding goal-scoring positions  - in short, displaying footballing intelligence.

Ayew has had three months getting up to speed in a new league. I remember him getting some stick on here earlier on, s  most of the other summer signings did, but Benteke did too, for that matter - I'm not comparing the players, btw. Kozak had four months before his injury - Tibia/fibia fracture with a botched first operation, then a new pin, and another round of re-convalescence and training. A tough, confidence-sapping task. He may never become good enough, but to me, he's shown that he possesses enough footballing intelligence to be given a chance.

Has Gabby displayed this kind of footballing intelligence in any way? Gestede? (ok, a throw-in...) Traore? His assists to Kozak in the last U21 match sounds promising. Long may it continue.

(Somewhat OT: In Larry Niven's novel Ringworld, the alien carnivore Speaker-To-Animals insults a member of a herbivore (but sapient) species by saying: "How much intelligence does it require to sneak up on a leaf?". If you're faster/stronger/more skilful/richer and thus are able to outperform your opponent in every physical/economical way, you don't necessarily have to be more intelligent as well. If you actually have to compete, intelligence and co-operation becomes vital.) 

I hope Garde eventually can come up with an intelligent 1st 11 that (hopefully) negates individual weaknesses somewhat and also makes use of their individual abilities, making the sum greater than the individual parts. Unfortunately, I cannot see him doing that in time for us to survive this season, no matter how much he's allowed to spend in January.

And of course, he may never be able to do so - but I think he has a significantly better chance than his predecessor ever had.

Edited by TB
Typos - too tired

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why are bringing ayew back in to it? Again, no one is suggesting dropping ayew for Kozak

And I'm hoping garde watched him for the under 21s and yes it was vs defenders that he should be beating but that's not what he should be looking for, it's sharpness, it's movement, it's quality when you do get that chance and IMO the 2 goals show that

I don't think Kozak is the answer and I desperately hope we sign a new striker in jan but at the same time I really don't understand how or why he hasn't been given a sniff, especially considering how bad gestede has been

He said the only guy scoring can't get in the side. That's why I mentioned ayew.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Only thing I can tell you, is he's picking some players who're doing so badly (not scoring).  To the point it makes a mockery of kozak who isn't doing so badly because he scores against opposition put in front of him.

I don't have a lot against Gestede, but he is quite limited.

Even Ayew who I think is superb isn't an out and out striker.

Kozak is a natural striker who stays up front and has the basic skills, his flick ons to Traore were sweet. I am not saying he is the saviour, or even a good striker, i don't know, i don't think any of us know at the moment what he can do at Premiership level all these years on from his debut.

But I think he is a good option to try.

Traore looks like a speeding tank also, so badly want to see him on the pitch again.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

@RobJonesSport: Garde on Kozak: Sometimes scoring goals in the U21s isn't enough. I will speak to Libor & we may let him go. #AVFC

Garde hates him!

Jesus, is that quote for real?  You couldn't make it up...

Ah ffs. If we let him go out on loan whilst continuing to play Rudy I will be disappointed. 

As for "sometimes scoring goals in the U21's isn't enough".... well he can't score in the Premier League if he never plays?!?

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ah ffs. If we let him go out on loan whilst continuing to play Rudy I will be disappointed. 

As for "sometimes scoring goals in the U21's isn't enough".... well he can't score in the Premier League if he never plays?!?

Seriously, I hope this guy knows what he's doing.

You'd look at our position now, you'd consider the facts available to us and think this guy was off his rocker.  But obviously he gets to see them in training, and he's a premiership manager for a reason....one would hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

kozak looks really cheesed off doesnt he? should be on bench at least in my opinion

he's not the only one to be fair.  you look again and it seems the only ones that seem not cheesed off are the kids.  the first teamers looked pissed right off

Â