Libor Kozák

samjp26

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Deserves an opportunity, he is more talented than Rudy IMO.

Surely Ayew is proof we shouldn't be writing Gestede off yet. 

I think he's been very poor but I'm happy for Gestede to be given the chance this season to prove himself.  Garde hasn't given me any reason to doubt his judgement yet.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He really was excellent tonight, given that he's been out for the best part of 2 years and that was one of his first games back, he really was outstanding

Surely Kozak has been playing for about 6 months now? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He really was excellent tonight, given that he's been out for the best part of 2 years and that was one of his first games back, he really was outstanding

Yep I agree with this. Think for a player to come back from the injury he had was always going to take a considerable period to build muscle and gain proper match fitness. Started slowish tonight but he is the most clinical finisher we have imo. Didn't see the second goal but the first was a class cross by Adama and bullet header from Libor. Would really like to see him up top with Ayew floating around him picking the pieces. Think he deserves a chance considering our lack of firepower.

• Like 2

Happy for Libor to be given a chance, even if it's from the bench. He's scored a couple of important goals for us in his very brief appearances. 

While I don't believe we'd suddenly become the highest scorers in the league if he started, I'd be interested to see what he could do with the likes of Gil, Adama and Ayew around him. 

At least a few games between now and the January window would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Surely Ayew is proof we shouldn't be writing Gestede off yet. 

I think he's been very poor but I'm happy for Gestede to be given the chance this season to prove himself.  Garde hasn't given me any reason to doubt his judgement yet.

Agreed, he certainly has improved and a run of games has helped.
Timing in his header is better, he looks like he's trying harder and less of his first touches and passes are nervous. Though he still looks behind in what we need, a lack of service won't help his natural game because he's not graceful with the ball at his feet or that smart with his positioning.

I've always believed that some players are match players and that shouldn't be discounted when selected The problem is if you don't play them you don't find out and that's my main issue with not seeing Kozak.
Gestede has done fine but he's a passenger from 70 onwards so you either throw in pace and crosses or you sub him, tactically we've been naive since MON left and that's really saying something!

Glad Kozak scored today, he might get a shot if he's seen as responding to criticism.

• Like 2

I also think he deserves a chance, he seems to have a good strikers instinct and I think we lack that big time in our current squad. What I would say though is I dont think he is someone you can play up top on his own. I remember him doing that pretty badly under Lambert. He needs someone with him to create space and lighten the load.

I dont think Rudy can play up top on his own either but just saying.

Â