Libor Kozák

samjp26

I seen he was too slow from day one.....but his positional sense is better than anyone else we have.

this is the dilemma the club is faced with too many players with limitations, but at the same time, attributes others haven't got hence the need for managers to search for the best permutation.......our players in the main do not pick themselves due to the inconsistency of their play.

i would give him a run out......what have we really got to lose, but everything to gain.

i know some are calling for a settled side......but when you are not picking up points, how can you reconcile that.

takes a brave man to keep the same side when you lose every game.

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Which would be hilarious given Nobody has watched Kozak properly for a year and a half and before that he scored vtal goals for us, what exactly has Ayew done since he came?

Do you not think Ayew has looked good then? 

Since the Blues game I think Ayew has been our best player by far. 

I didn't really rate Kozak myself but he did score goals, more than the current lot are doing, give him a go. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Which would be hilarious given Nobody has watched Kozak properly for a year and a half and before that he scored vtal goals for us, what exactly has Ayew done since he came?

Played well, scored a few goals and looks suited to the league and getting better and better. Which is more than Kozak has ever shown.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Well, if you think Kozak has shown himself to be a better striker than Ayew, I will just have to disagree and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Do you not think Ayew has looked good then? 

Since the Blues game I think Ayew has been our best player by far. 

I didn't really rate Kozak myself but he did score goals, more than the current lot are doing, give him a go. 

I think he's done ok, i also think Kozak did ok in his first few months in the league and whilst neither are absolutely brilliant and they are obviously very diffferent types of players i fail to see how Ayew is so clearly better despite absence of any sort of evidence to support that case.

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I think he's done ok, i also think Kozak did ok in his first few months in the league and whilst neither are absolutely brilliant and they are obviously very diffferent types of players i fail to see how Ayew is so clearly better despite absence of any sort of evidence to support that case.

There is not an 'absence of any sort of evidence' though is there? The 'evidence' for a subjective opinion will always, in itself, be subjective. So, there are at least three posters above telling you they've watched both and think Ayew is clearly better. You can now make that four. There's also the evidence that two managers have repeatedly selected Ayew to start, yet haven't even put Kozak on the bench, the second of which manager said only last week that he doesn't think Kozak is good enough. That's really not 'no evidence of any kind'. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There is not an 'absence of any sort of evidence' though is there? The 'evidence' for a subjective opinion will always, in itself, be subjective. So, there are at least three posters above telling you they've watched both and think Ayew is clearly better. You can now make that four. There's also the evidence that two managers have repeatedly selected Ayew to start, yet haven't even put Kozak on the bench, the second of which manager said only last week that he doesn't think Kozak is good enough. That's really not 'no evidence of any kind'. 

Yea thats not at all because Kozak hasnt been anywhere near being able to be selected for most of the past 18 months is it? If you want to show me how he's scored or assisted more goals in his short time than Kozak or there was some induspitubale stats to back it up then fine but there isnt. The fact that they are opinions is fine , they both have similar records in a similar amount of Villa games so i'm fine with someone thinking Ayew is a better player. However stating it that he is "clearly" better like its a fact and not a personal opinion despite having not much to back it up will be challenged,

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Played well, scored a few goals and looks suited to the league and getting better and better. Which is more than Kozak has ever shown.

If Ayew got hurt today, this would be the identical situation that Kozak faced when he came to the club. I believe he was 24 when Kozak signed for us which is Ayew's age. They have similar games played to goals scored for the club as well. Both came to a new league and did not get time immediately. A lot of Kozak's and Ayew's games were sub appearances. If Ayew broke his leg and was out for a season and half, I guarantee you'd be saying that Ayew deserves a chance when he comes back despite having a similar record as Kozak who you constantly slate. Before Kozak's injury, Kozak was starting to look like a real threat. Benteke got hurt, but Kozak picked up some of Benteke's slack scoring 3 goals in 6 games before getting injured. Not to mention he picked up a couple assists as well. If you are saying Kozak never looked suited to the league, then you probably did not watch Villa a few seasons ago or are just choosing to ignore that Kozak definitely was looking better in a Villa kit after getting consistent playing time. 

• Like 4

Kozak looked poor nearly every time i saw him. He showed early on he wasn't good enough for this level and injury problems won't have helped. There's a reason two managers have now decided that Kozak isn't good enough for one of the worst teams in the league. 

Ayew, after a slow start, has shown qualities and attributes suited to the premier league and he really looks like someone who will get better and better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Kozak looked poor nearly every time i saw him. He showed early on he wasn't good enough for this level and injury problems won't have helped. There's a reason two managers have now decided that Kozak isn't good enough for one of the worst teams in the league

Ayew, after a slow start, has shown qualities and attributes suited to the premier league and he really looks like someone who will get better and better. 

Really? Which two managers might that be, then? I believe that Garde has said after watching him in a U21 game (in which he didn't score) that he didn't think Kozak offered anything more than the other strikers available to him. I don't think that is equivalent to writing Kozak off.

Lambert (you may be effing and blinding to the nth degree about his time here, but I think most will agree he was an actual manager, just not fit for the task at Villa) had Benteke available, so Kozak obviously would be a back-up striker (and then he got injured).

Kevin McDonald? A caretaker manager - ok, he didn't play him, so that's one, I guess.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sherwood.

Garde has written him off but he's clearly not picking him for a reason at this moment.

OK. You've probably seen more of Kozak than I have, so if you think he's been consistently poor, that's fair enough, and you may be right at that.

But that wasn't really my point. I just wondered why anyone, taking into consideration his multiple and conflicting opinions, bewildering team selections, disastrous in-game tactics and general f**kwittery, would use his stance on any particular player to back up their opinion? 

I deliberately omitted him from my list of managers in my previous post. He deserves praise for keeping us up last season, of course, but as far as I'm concerned, he couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

(rant over)

Â