Libor Kozák

samjp26

Well the Birmingham mail said there was no sign of Remi at the u21 game the other night so he obviously isn't too interested in giving kozak a chance. Sure stick with Gestede Remi, he's bound to score the goals and offer the all round play we need from our striker...facepalm!

Garde sees him everyday playing against premier league players in training. Scoring against championship u21 defenders is hardly going to make him change his mind if he's not seeing what he wants to see in training. 

I think it's pretty obvious Kozak is not good enough at this level.

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

@RobJonesSport: Garde on Kozak: Sometimes scoring goals in the U21s isn't enough. I will speak to Libor & we may let him go. #AVFC

Garde hates him!

Interesting, somebody posted that Kozak was lazy in training and had a bit of an attitude problem didn't they?

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Garde sees him everyday playing against premier league players in training. Scoring against championship u21 defenders is hardly going to make him change his mind if he's not seeing what he wants to see in training. 

In what way is it "pretty obvious", aside from the massive agenda you have against the player?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In what way is it "pretty obvious", aside from the massive agenda you have against the player?

If Garde thought Kozak was good enough at this level surely we would have seen him by now?  Garde is in charge of one of the worst teams in premier league history who cant score goals, I don't think Garde rates Kozak either to be honest, he is fit again now and he is scoring in the U-21's

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

If Garde thought Kozak was good enough at this level surely we would have seen him by now?  Garde is in charge of one of the worst teams in premier league history who cant score goals, I don't think Garde rates Kozak either to be honest, he is fit again now and he is scoring in the U-21's

I have no problem with Garde not rating the player.

However, that has absolutely no bearing on him being "pretty obviously" not good enough at this level.  I was wondering what criteria made this "pretty obvious".

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I just don't know with this one. In theory I think he'd be a better option than Gestede who is very limited. However, if both Sherwood and Garde aren't willing to put him in their 18, he must look very poor in training, or have an attitude/workrate problem or even both.

If he put's the ball in the net when he plays then I really couldn't give a flying **** what he does in training, if Garde is picking players based on how they are in training then maybe he needs another plan because on match days they are **** useless

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Performances at this level before his injury and the fact 2 different managers, in charge of one of the worst teams in the league, have had no interest in using him. 

I'm not sure how more obvious it can be.

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

If he put's the ball in the net when he plays then I really couldn't give a flying **** what he does in training, if Garde is picking players based on how they are in training then maybe he needs another plan because on match days they are **** useless

He's putting the ball in the net at such a low level, its not really proof he's the answer. 

I'd imagine Gestede and ayew would score bucket loads at that level as well

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Unusually I agree with you. This is how I read the situation too. 

Garde has had a look - doesn't like what he sees and will move him on in January. Shame because Libor hasn't really done anything "wrong" for us and probably hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. 

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Performances at this level before his injury and the fact 2 different managers, in charge of one of the worst teams in the league, have had no interest in using him. 

I'm not sure how more obvious it can be.

Performances where he scored at a rate of, what, 1 in 3?  That's fine for me - and better than any of our current crop are managing.  He's since been injured but then scored at pretty much every opportunity in pre-season, reserve and U21 football.

Not giving him a chance is absolutely bizarre and it certainly doesn't make him "pretty obviously" not good enough at this level.  Just ask Marc Albrighton.

• Like 1

He scored a couple of tap ins and a couple of nice goals but his overall performances were very poor. Not sure what pre season and U21 football have to do with proving he's good enough at this level. 

You may think it's bizzare but it seems two managers of the club disagree. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He scored a couple of tap ins and a couple of nice goals but his overall performances were very poor. Not sure what pre season and U21 football have to do with proving he's good enough at this level. 

You may think it's bizzare but it seems two managers of the club disagree. 

Pre-season and U21 football has no bearing, but apparently the type of goal you score does.  Good work :D

I honestly couldn't care about the views of the past/current managers of the club regarding a players' ability.  We sold Gary Cahill.  We sold Marc Albrighton.  Apparently these players were "pretty obviously" not good enough to play at this level, but both have gone on to better things.

Personally, I think Kozak should be given a chance to show whether or not he can cut it in the league. I rather suspect he won't be given this chance and I also suspect he, like Cahill and Albrighton before him, will go on to better things.

• Like 1

Just watched those goals against Derby. Really tidy finishes and excellent assists from Adama.

We don't supply our strikers with those sorts of chances though and until we do neither him nor Gestede will score.

Only Ayew is capable of making his own chances.

• Like 1

Must have missed where I said the type of goals scored matters. I said performances showed it, scoring a tap in doesn't cover up a poor overall performance. But if you just want to look at a stat then go ahead. 

Cahil, at the time, wasn't good enough to play regular football for a team trying to break the top 4. He wanted to play first team football and left. No one at the club decided he wasn't good enough to play in the premier league. 

I believe similar was the case with albrighton and the fact Leicester were offering massive wages.

Â