Libor Kozák

samjp26

If Remi's decided Libor doesn't offer what he needs and is prepared to ship him out despite our position that suggests to me he has someone else lined up to come in in Jan. :ph34r:

Personally, I think he'd be worth a try, but hey - I'm not paid the big bucks.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

We aren't going to see any more of him and that's that. Scoring goals is making him glum, but he should smile, he'll be appearing in the Champions League qualifiers for Celtic next season. 

trips to Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan to lose be an upgrade ;)

27 minutes ago, rubberman said:

If Remi's decided Libor doesn't offer what he needs and is prepared to ship him out despite our position that suggests to me he has someone else lined up to come in in Jan. :ph34r:

Personally, I think he'd be worth a try, but hey - I'm not paid the below average for a club our size bucks.

fixed

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Pre-season and U21 football has no bearing, but apparently the type of goal you score does.  Good work :D

I honestly couldn't care about the views of the past/current managers of the club regarding a players' ability.  We sold Gary Cahill.  We sold Marc Albrighton.  Apparently these players were "pretty obviously" not good enough to play at this level, but both have gone on to better things.

Personally, I think Kozak should be given a chance to show whether or not he can cut it in the league. I rather suspect he won't be given this chance and I also suspect he, like Cahill and Albrighton before him, will go on to better things.

Completely distorting history there.

AFAIA, Marc Albrighton was offered a contract, but Leicester offered more. Cahill at that age wasn't a guaranteed starter, he wanted guaranteed first team football and left to get it.

Managers see the players on a daily basis, getting a more rounded opinion on the players attributes. Whilst you "couldn't care about the views", they are in a better position to judge than the fans.

• Like 2

If Remi thinks he's surplus to requirements, then fair enough. 

I just think it's a shame as I don't feel he's been given a proper chance. Not sure of it's accuracy but whoscored says he's played 781 minutes, which works out at just under 8.7 games. Four goals in under 9 games in a Villa team managed by Paul Lambert is a fairly decent return I think. 

I know stats can be manipulated and they don't tell the whole story, but I think 14 appearances in a struggling team, in a country he's not played in before is a bit soon to write him off.

Ah well, I don't mind too much, I just want someone to regularly find the net for Villa, I don't care if it's Kozak, Gestede, Ayew or whomever.

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Completely distorting history there.

AFAIA, Marc Albrighton was offered a contract, but Leicester offered more. Cahill at that age wasn't a guaranteed starter, he wanted guaranteed first team football and left to get it.

Managers see the players on a daily basis, getting a more rounded opinion on the players attributes. Whilst you "couldn't care about the views", they are in a better position to judge than the fans.

How exactly have I completely distored history?  If players aren't first team regulars then they're deemed not good enough... I mean, that's what we're saying about Kozak - so it's exactly the same situation for both Cahill and Albrighton. Neither of them played much, both were sold, both are doing better as a result.

Like Kozak, managers watched Cahill and Albrighton in training and, like Kozak, managers decided they weren't needed. There's no difference here.

(By the way, the original argument came from a fan stating that it's "pretty obvious" Kozak isn't good enough at this level - not a manager.)

• Like 1

Albrighton and Cahil were young players at completely different points in their careers, playing for a different villa side with different ambitions and different expectations. 

It's a pretty pointless comparison. There's also loads and loads of villa players who were deemed not good enough and have gone on to do **** all, showing it was the right decision. I'd say there's much more examples of that than of your point. Yet you've ignored that. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Albrighton and Cahil were young players at completely different points in their careers, playing for a different villa side with different ambitions and different expectations. 

It's a pretty pointless comparison. There's also loads and loads of villa players who were deemed not good enough and have gone on to do **** all, showing it was the right decision. I'd say there's much more examples of that than of your point. Yet you've ignored that. 

Albrighton and Kozak are pretty much the same age.  Albrighton was playing (or not) in a struggling Villa side when we were in our most barren run at goal and plenty of fans wanting him starting as a winger to provide for Benteke.  Of course, plenty of other fans (and our manager) didn't want this and he was sold.  I fail to see how this is any different to Kozak at all.

So no, I disagree, it's not a pointless comparison.  Kozak was bought for £7m as a striker and is playing (or not) in a team which is struggling to score.  He's proven he can score (better goals:game record than any other striker we have) and is continually not getting a look in.  It's the striking version of Albrighton all over again.

And of course I've ignored them, why would I use something that doesn't back up my point?  Much like you won't have mentioned Alan Hutton as someone who most fans wanted gone but has come back into the fold and done well.  Why wouldn't Kozak do the same?

Alan Hutton, who had already proven he was capable of playing in the league? Another odd example. Nothing like Kozak. Your argument about Albrighton was that he was binned out because people at the club deemed him not good enough at this level. That's not true, he was offered a contract and rejected it to go and earn a lot more money at Leicester, another premier league club. So nothing like Kozak who is not wanted here and will not be playing at the same standard once he leaves.

God I forgot we spent that much on Kozak. Ridiculous waste of money.  He hasn't proved he can score at all. Why does this keep getting posted as some sort of fact? Why would any manager not want a proven goal scorer in their side? 

Edited by DCJonah

Being too kind there I think, It's proving some people have a completely false definition of the term. Whilst he's perhaps shown some promise for us in terms of starts or minutes played to goals, although a very small sample size, he's not been scoring regularly since he was at Opava, calling him a proven goalscorer is ridiculous.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

Â