Libor Kozák

samjp26

He also hit the ground running in the premier league. Even the great.henry took so months to get used to the league. Angel and even Benteke struggled early. Who knows how he would have settled.

He also hit the ground running in the premier league. Even the great.henry took so months to get used to the league. Angel and even Benteke struggled early. Who knows how he would have settled.

No he didn't :)

yeah he wasnt very convincing.. it took him 3-4 months to settle. Kozak didnt have that.. he was banging them in from the start. All i am saying.. is there is a learing curve in the premier league and with that 3-4 months he could have been really really good. Injury set back now.. we may never know.

4 goals, while all well taken, is hardly banging them in.

Will be a nice option to bring off the bench though for the last few games.

Wasn't his goal to start ratio nearly .5?

I think Jonah means that conclusively deriving from such a small sample of starts that he is a striker "that scores goals" is going overboard. Let's not forget that he's never dispayed any real proliferation in his career prior to Villa except in the Czech second division (I think) and one Europa League campaign against inferior sides.

Hopefully we shouldn't need him now as Benteke is on fire at the moment but we really could've used him earlier in the season. Looking forward to see him back regardless though.

For what it's worth, if we go down and he stays I think he'll score loads in the Championship.

I wish him all the best in his recovery but I thought he was a very poor player prior to getting injured.

If we go down he might be useful otherwise I would be very surprised to see him start a game unless we have injuries/suspensions.

Yeah one of those very poor strikers that score goals.

Load of rubbish sean.

Did I say rubbish? He looked to me like he needs wingers to feed him, nothing wrong with that but we had DB at the time who scored for fun with Young and Downing but Lambert didn't like playing with width so maybe that's why I'm not impressed with what I saw.

Who knows maybe Sherwood will play to his strengths but honestly I don't think he's good enough.

Just so we are straight here you think he's a good player because he scored 4 goals in 10 games? Sorry but hahaha.

I think he's a better player than we have seen so far do to Lambert's insistence on not playing with wingers. He reminds me of Alan Smith (Arsenal) who had good hold up play and scored a lot of his goals from balls across the box.

.....Let's not forget that he's never dispayed any real proliferation in his career prior to Villa except in the Czech second division (I think) and one Europa League campaign against inferior sides.

So he's in for half the cup games and a possible EL campaign then? off the bench and as another option up front aswell

10-20 possible appearances to find out if he really is PL standard

ok with me

Â