Manchester United

BOF

8 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Above all else, they need to get shot of Rooney. He's done.

Who is going to take him at this point?  He's just turned 30, he looks a shadow of the player he once was and he's got a contract guaranteeing him some £300k a week until 2019. Is Rooney going to take a massive pay cut just to go elsewhere because at the moment it doesn't look to me like any of the clubs who could afford him would want him and any of the clubs who might want him could afford him.  

All I've ever wanted was to laugh at these words removed and we happen to be bottom /

[emoji20]

Yeah it's frustrating. I have a lot of Chelsea supporting mates and I'd love to be able to rip into them right now.

I've never known a Chelsea fan. It might be the reason why I don't hate them as much as I feel I should.

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Holland under him were very negative, they sat back and just utilised robben (who was on fire) to counter attack.

You're being far too kind for him. Not able to attract top players?? That's rubbish, they signed Di Maria, he is a fabulous talent but LVG couldn't utilise him and they sold him for a complete loss..Every team has injuries, the shaw one is just one of those things. 

Yes Rooney may not be the 25 goal season hero, but whose choice was it to have him as the only striker at the club. 

They have always spent a **** load of money, and recently it's been stupid amounts. 

LVG is completely at fault for the state they are in.

He utilised Robben to get the best out of him. What have Holland done since? Maybe he's the wrong fit for Man U but he's not a bad manager.

All I've ever wanted was to laugh at these words removed and we happen to be bottom / [emoji20]

Yeah it's frustrating. I have a lot of Chelsea supporting mates and I'd love to be able to rip into them right now.

I've never known a Chelsea fan. It might be the reason why I don't hate them as much as I feel I should.

I know one - but he's my age, which means he's stuck with them through the bad times. He's a good bloke, actually.

How close is the club to just imploding financially? I know a few years ago their debt was 700 mil but I think that's come down now. However spending 100's of millions year on year for no champions league and titles is becoming unsustainable even for man city now, they are putting more money into the youth and academy and scouting etc. Plus even if you say out of 100 shirt buyers 80 are diehards who will always buy, that leaves 20% of lost revenue due to fickle supporters. The real number is probably much worse.

I'd say a couple more seasons of this could lead to ruin. They must be praying to win the Europa League cos 4th is looking shaky now,especially if Chelsea start a March.

Absolutely not a chance! Didn't they just post the biggest revenue figures ever for a football club?

Can remember watching a game of theirs and saw their official Diesel engine partner flash up on the advertising boards, they've got an official Japanese pot noodle partner that pays them more than our shirt sponsor, they've got that Adidas deal, they floated 10% of the club on the stock exchange

The debt is misleading and played on by those Utd fans that like to wear the Norwich scarves, a bloke I play football with will happily spend every minute of every day telling you how bad the glazers are as owners, I'm not having it personally

I could probably spend all day telling you how it was a Utd chief who sold FFP to UEFA and the prem and he didn't do it because Utd would suffer from it...

That's true but those types of deals are due to the club's huge global reach. And that's only because they are so successful/fun to watch. The latter is how arsenal are still big globally. If that dries up, if they lose 25% of their global fans, especially if they flock to other clubs, I don't think it will be sustainable. They will be living on their history, like Liverpool and all they have is some embarrassing nivea partnership.

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Who is going to take him at this point?  He's just turned 30, he looks a shadow of the player he once was and he's got a contract guaranteeing him some £300k a week until 2019. Is Rooney going to take a massive pay cut just to go elsewhere because at the moment it doesn't look to me like any of the clubs who could afford him would want him and any of the clubs who might want him could afford him.  

Yeah their last chance to get serious money for him was summer 2013 when Chelsea wanted him.

I think now there's talk of Chinese clubs being interested. In fairness they do pay decent transfer fees but I think he'll just stay and retire at Man. United or maybe play a farewell season at Everton.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That's true but those types of deals are due to the club's huge global reach. And that's only because they are so successful/fun to watch. The latter is how arsenal are still big globally. If that dries up, if they lose 25% of their global fans, especially if they flock to other clubs, I don't think it will be sustainable. They will be living on their history, like Liverpool and all they have is some embarrassing nivea partnership.

They've got a fair few seasons to go yet before the fairweather fans run out. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

All over twitter that LVG is sacked... let's see if anything official comes through tonight 

not a single journo or respectable sports broadcaster have said anything, I suspect its a load of accounts run by Indy kaila and the like putting it out there to say its "exclusive", and it will happen most days until LVG gets the boot which, as villachris says will probably be after the Chelsea game

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think LVG will get the Stoke and Chelsea games and then be sacked after that as United will get a point at best the way they're playing.

Mourinho's first home game against Chelsea would be completely mental, it won't happen.

That would be ace. I'm meeting some mates at the pub to watch it. Would be really interesting if he was in the Utd dugout.

Â