Manchester United

BOF

lots of digs about the £200k a week being touted, to be fair i think he is already in the top 5 keepers in the world and is only going to get better, money well spent

dont think it stops madrid from buying him though, all it means is that they are going to have to pay more

As someone who grew up in Southampton, has lots of friends who support the Saints, see them as kind of my second team, and have seen their team get ripped to shreds year on year by the PL's 'big clubs' (just like Villas in recent times), I have no sympathy for Shaw just like I would have none for Delph, Benteke et al. if it happened to them.

Would have felt bad if it had happened and he was in a Saints shirt, but representing Man U? Nah, I just cant bring myself to feel sorry for him...

As someone who grew up in Southampton, has lots of friends who support the Saints, see them as kind of my second team, and have seen their team get ripped to shreds year on year by the PL's 'big clubs' (just like Villas in recent times), I have no sympathy for Shaw just like I would have none for Delph, Benteke et al. if it happened to them.

Would have felt bad if it had happened and he was in a Saints shirt, but representing Man U? Nah, I just cant bring myself to feel sorry for him...

I also grew up in Southampton, I am quite the opposite to you on this (and so are many of my friends who support Southampton).

Dunno whether to put this in here or in the Citeh thread but anyhoo ...

I had an interesting conversation with an Everton fan friend of mine who couldn't get his head around the fact that I had far more respect for United than I did for Citeh or Chelsea (it all came about as I loudly cheered on Juve's go-ahead goal last night).  I explained the old money versus new money thinking behind my stance, but he was just astounded that I could do anything but hate the domination that United had, and that I wasn't enjoying the fact Chelsea and Citeh had put a stop to it by any means necessary.  He said United would still be dominating had it not happened.  In my view with Fergie gone, the United era would probably go with him to some degree, as the equally-dominant Liverpool era had done before that.  Nothing is forever in football if you let it happen organically.  Chelsea and Citeh are anything but organic.

To be honest I was surprised that a fan of a fellow old-money club was revelling in seeing the nouveau clubs going about their business the way they do.  The only thing he did agree with was the ridiculous way that Chelsea (ab)use the loan system.  Which was another point I added about those 2 essentially ruining football.

I don't like either of them, but I'm not bored of Man City winning yet. Man Utd winning everything, every year, grew so boring that I stopped watching football for a time. Given another few years, I'll probably hate City just as much, but I'm not there yet. 

• Like 1

with FFP (the brain fart of a man utd director no less) ive come to the conclusion that the only way we will ever do anything is with a billionaire oil sheikh at the helm, the chances of us competing with utd "fairly" is pretty much non existent, which is just another reason to loathe them

however chelsea and man city have seen a wave of apathy spread across football, they have in effect killed the game for me, ill always cheer on whoever is playing them in europe but at the weekend more often then not i dont even know who they are playing let alone their result with BT having all the champions league it wont be long before ive knocked that on the head too, i know city lost 2-1 last night, dont know who scored though, the only thing ive seen from utd is the score and the shaw injury, not a clue who arsenal or chelsea are playing tonight

I dont think Villa fans would mind City that much if we didnt lose Milner and Barry to them. I dont mind them myself(except a little injured weasel and prefer them or Arsenal out of the top teams and Liverpool

I wouldnt mind Chelsea if they had of spent their money on **** entertaining talent when they first came up though that was more down to Mourinho, at least with City money they sign players like Silva and Aguero who are a joy to watch

I had an interesting conversation with an Everton fan friend of mine who couldn't get his head around the fact that I had far more respect for United than I did for Citeh or Chelsea (it all came about as I loudly cheered on Juve's go-ahead goal last night).  I explained the old money versus new money thinking behind my stance, but he was just astounded that I could do anything but hate the domination that United had, and that I wasn't enjoying the fact Chelsea and Citeh had put a stop to it by any means necessary.  He said United would still be dominating had it not happened.  In my view with Fergie gone, the United era would probably go with him to some degree, as the equally-dominant Liverpool era had done before that.  Nothing is forever in football if you let it happen organically.  Chelsea and Citeh are anything but organic.

To be honest I was surprised that a fan of a fellow old-money club was revelling in seeing the nouveau clubs going about their business the way they do.  The only thing he did agree with was the ridiculous way that Chelsea (ab)use the loan system.  Which was another point I added about those 2 essentially ruining football.

His view was probably largely affected by the poaching of Rooney, Elbowshairdo, Moyes.... and the tat sent the other way than anything.

I think in a similar way our view of City is influenced by Barry, Milner, Delph and them pushing us out of the battle for the CL.

I also think those able to remember the pre United era of Liverpool dominance are a little more respectful of United's achievements.

Elbowshairdo

:D I'm calling him this from now on

• Like 1

His view was probably largely affected by the poaching of Rooney, Elbowshairdo, Moyes.... and the tat sent the other way than anything.

I think in a similar way our view of City is influenced by Barry, Milner, Delph and them pushing us out of the battle for the CL.

I also think those able to remember the pre United era of Liverpool dominance are a little more respectful of United's achievements.

He's actually older than me and can remember the good Chelsea (Osgood) and City (Lee) sides of the past which is why he didn't necessarily see them as 'nouveau' as I did.

Because he wanted to further his career?

Ah, that old one! Its a classic!

Playing really well with a team that is on the up and performing excellently for 2 seasons; as soon as a 'big club' comes calling, need to jump ship quicksharp...

No mate, don't buy it... If he was still playing in League 1, yeah, I could understand it... but he had already done the hard work getting himself onto the big stage with Lallana and everybody else...

If all of those moneygrabbing turncoats like him, Lovren et al had stayed put, they could have been pulling up trees; you never know...

Â