Manchester United

BOF

Up until this season Smalling was utter garbage, so was Jones, Jones is seemingly regressing at the moment whereas to be fair to him Smalling is playing out of his skin

That Utd team that won the league was a poor squad, first choice 11 was good, 4/5 quality players and most importantly goal scorers saw them through, but the 25 man squad wasn't great

• Like 1

Utd currently have, by their standards, a poor squad which hasn't been supplemented well by the LVG transfers - his signings have all been overpriced and haven't lived up to expectations. I'm struggling to think of one stand-out signing by him. 

He's also let the likes of RVP and Hernandez (always a great super-sub) go for a relative pittance.

The one thing he has done is continue their defensive strength (and amazingly got Smalling looking v good) but this has come at a cost of neglecting their attacking play.

I think LVG is toast and the only reason he hasn't been replaced by Mourinho already (since his sacking) is because ManUre face Chelsea tomorrow.

Regardless of the result, I expect LVG to be sacked/resigned and Mourinho to be in charge for the game against Swansea following the FA Cup match.

I won't be sorry to see LVG and his filoshofee leave the Premier League. He's a bit of an arse IMO.

Fergie cantered to the title in his last season. He didn't leave Man Utd in a mess at all. The team needed a bit of strengthening but Moyes and LVG have made a complete ricketts of it.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I disagree a little there xela, moyes wasn't backed correctly and had a newbie ceo trying to negotiate top-whack transfer targets and failed miserably.

moyes was let down by the club hierachy and was on a hiding to nothing from the get go.

• Like 3

I personally thought he'd been found out here, defences had him in their pocket, came on and scored some tap ins but had very little influence on a game

It's only when you put it in to the context of who they have left and the hindsight given his Leverkusen stats that it's a shit bit of business

• 4 weeks later...

Got to say I find it incredible what's happening to these...

It's not just the very poor run they're on (4 wins in 14 league games!) but game after game I'm looking at their stats and 1 shot on target! I'm not saying they were amazing every game under Fergie but they must've been averaging 6-7 shots on target each game under him. Even under Moyes for all the bad results and play they must've still been having a decent amount of shots on target.

Is it too much for one of their players to be 25 yards from goal and accurately hit a shot at goal. You never know the keeper could spill it and leave an easy tap in for a striker. Or does that sort of thing go totally against the LVG "philosophy."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

LVG is one of the worst top flight managers in Europe.

LVG and Lambert 2 of the most awful managers ive seen in a long time yet both have brilliant records against Liverpool :lol:

7 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I'd be absolutely loving ManUre's demise if it wasn't for 2 things:

1.  Our risky top flight status
  2. The FACT that we will lose to them twice. Again.

will be only 1 more defeat against them for a while ;) 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2016 at 11:16, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can't recall any Manager ever performing quite so badly, after spending quite so much. 

What's he up to now? £250m? And his team can barely muster a shot on target. He will surely be sacked in the summer, the board can't be happy with results given the investment. I'd be staggered if they haven't spoken to Guardiola. 

I know City seem favourites but I think he would choose UTD given the choice. Especially if they are prepared to throw another £200m at it. 

On 24/01/2016 at 11:16, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can't recall any Manager ever performing quite so badly, after spending quite so much. 

What's he up to now? £250m? And his team can barely muster a shot on target. He will surely be sacked in the summer, the board can't be happy with results given the investment. I'd be staggered if they haven't spoken to Guardiola. 

I know City seem favourites but I think he would choose UTD given the choice. Especially if they are prepared to throw another £200m at it. 

Â