Manchester United

BOF

Their team really is not that good. They did not sign an experienced striker in August, so I knew this whole season hinged on Rooney being amazing, and Depay playing like Reus which neither happened. Martial seems decent but still has a season or two before he is a real quality player. Even last season they had De Gea bail them out so many times that it was a miracle they made top 4. They need a really good winger, another striker, and a world class midfielder in my opinion. 

watching Match of the Day the other day and cant remember Martial or Rooney getting a touch from the clips never mind even a chance. The football is too slow and the reliance on Fellaini playing everyweek is just bizarre at this stage

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird seeing the fixture Chelsea vs United and actually not being interested in Watching it what so ever. Also wierd how its a completely meaningless game for both teams in the final half of the season. (slightly important for United I guess, but don't think it's that important as to whether they'll finish 4th or not)

Odd season.

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine a Mourhinho - Pep Manchester rivalry. Would be epic.

the 2 of them ruined the Clasico games with their petulance so I wouldnt be that surprised the same happens again

I wonder who Mourinho signs. I guess that also depends if United can get top 4. I think he will struggle with Depay. He is much like Hazard when Mourinho took over, but a lot less quality at the moment. Depay doesn't check back like Mourinho likes his players to. Young will likely be a favorite. 

I could also see Schneiderlin being very good under Mourinho. 

Depay is rubbish. I thought that from the moment he was one on one at Villa Park and sidefooted it hopelessly wide.

Anthony Martial on the other hand is a very very good player. I don't think he's got as much praise as he should due to the excessive price tag but I think he's going to be a very special player very shortly as he already has the raw ingredients of pace, excellent at making runs beyond the defence and quite cool with finishing them by opening up and sidefooting them into the corner. Remind you of anyone?

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Jose is a winner, their fans might forgive cagey football if its successful. With LVG they've got the worst of both worlds.

Mourinho has only won 1 more league title than Van Gaal in his career and he studied under him

Mourinho is a busted flush. He has turned into a very sad, angry old man.

What made him great was he got players to believe in a system and run through brick walls for him. 

Nobody will do that for him anymore because he has turned into a bitter old word removed.

He will flop at United and he has nowhere else to go.

China will be his next gig and then he will be on the Guus Hiddink international merry go round.

Â