Manchester United

BOF

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Go on then......................

Well the RUMOURS (and I'm emphasising rumours :) ) are that he failed a blood test at training due to having alcohol in his blood and that's why he was dropped, not through injury.

My mate mentioned an old footy annual from about 1998 with a van gaal interview in which he's saying about how footy has evolved from just having a big centre half and a lump up front. Think he's regressed a bit tbf. 

God can you imagine if we still have the late 00's team and man u were this shite? They'd be finishing about 8th.

It would be the same if Capello ever came and managed in the prem, won so much in last 20 years but managing England and Russia showed he was starting to get out of touch.

Football overtakes even the most succesful managers.

To me the issue with LVG is poor squad management in the summer. Yes for various reasons Falcao, Hernandez and RVP all needed to be sold but where was the experienced striker to complement Rooney as so far this season too much has been gambled on Rooney scoring 25 goals and he just dosen't look capable of that anymore. Think they're crying out for a world class CB next to Smalling aswell.

I was saying this in the summer so it's not a knee jerk reaction based on this poor form.

Took Holland to the world cup semi's 2014. I don't totally blame him. Fact is Rooney is finished, they are unable to buy the best anymore. He also lost Luke Shaw to a serious injury. They really haven't got a very good team. Things go in cycles. From the Busby babes in the 50s to the Best Law and Charlton era, it took thenm something like 25 years to win the title again. Ferguson was blessed with some amazing young players and the ability then to sign the top players in the world but he left at the right time.

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Took Holland to the world cup semi's 2014. I don't totally blame him. Fact is Rooney is finished, they are unable to buy the best anymore. He also lost Luke Shaw to a serious injury. They really haven't got a very good team. Things go in cycles. From the Busby babes in the 50s to the Best Law and Charlton era, it took thenm something like 25 years to win the title again. Ferguson was blessed with some amazing young players and the ability then to sign the top players in the world but he left at the right time.

Holland under him were very negative, they sat back and just utilised robben (who was on fire) to counter attack.

You're being far too kind for him. Not able to attract top players?? That's rubbish, they signed Di Maria, he is a fabulous talent but LVG couldn't utilise him and they sold him for a complete loss..Every team has injuries, the shaw one is just one of those things. 

Yes Rooney may not be the 25 goal season hero, but whose choice was it to have him as the only striker at the club. 

They have always spent a **** load of money, and recently it's been stupid amounts. 

LVG is completely at fault for the state they are in.

• Like 1

It is torture watching them to be fair. I used to enjoy watching Manure, even if I despised them I still admired how they went about playing. Now they are just turgid shite. It'll be interesting to see who replaces LVG. If they go for Mourinho then it is obvious that the attacking tradition is long forgotten.

On LVG,don't forget that he also took Bayern to a CL final not so long ago, and pretty much laid the foundations for their future success. I don't think he is a bad manager, but he is a very particular manager and I get the impression that the suits above him want one thing (big signings, big shirt sales, more $$$) and LVG wants to do what he prefers to do which is coach and build a team in his own image.

Above all else, they need to get shot of Rooney. He's done.

• Like 1

Â