Manchester United

BOF

When I read Rev's post at first it was almost worded as if they were close to achieving it (which didn't sound right).  So I checked and they've won one every other year for the past decade :-/

Mourinho is just like Van Gaal too, but with some of the head up your own arseness removed... only some mind. Not sure what Utd were really hoping for as Van Gaal gets run out of most places he's been in recent yrs  in relatively quick order and employing him with Giggs as an assistant completely undermines his authority given the whole squad knows that Giggs will be the next manager. 

Makes me happy though!

Moyes and LVG actually had the same amount of points after as many games Moyes was given, but LVG spent a lot more on players. Moyes also had to deal with Champions League and the pressure of taking Sir Alex's spot. 

Moyes took over a team of reigning champions (11 point champions). LVG took over a Moyes team.

Van Gaal inevitably pisses off his players and gets booted. He's apparently a very divisive bloke that eventually rubs too many people the wrong way and quickly gets shuffled off.

I love the story about his book launch at Bayern when he told the directors they could learn something from reading it

Van Gaal inevitably pisses off his players and gets booted. He's apparently a very divisive bloke that eventually rubs too many people the wrong way and quickly gets shuffled off.

I love the story about his book launch at Bayern when he told the directors they could learn something from reading it

My favourite, and it's probably a myth, was his actions when at Bayern there was talk he didn't have the balls to drop the big names. He heard about this and in front of the entire squad at training says 'you don't think I have the balls to drop you? You tell me' and drops his trousers.

If it is true, it's not a shock.

in fairness to Van Gaal he comes across as a prick but sometimes you need to tell players outright that they are shit but problem now is too much man management and players need to be loved. 

Wonder if a manager like Clough would have thrived in this era

Moyes and LVG actually had the same amount of points after as many games Moyes was given, but LVG spent a lot more on players. Moyes also had to deal with Champions League and the pressure of taking Sir Alex's spot. 

Moyes took over a team of reigning champions (11 point champions). LVG took over a Moyes team.

Yet look at the players that were performing towards the end of last season, they were Moyes signings not LVG's. It was the likes of elbow's and Mata.

Edited by TrentVilla

My favourite, and it's probably a myth, was his actions when at Bayern there was talk he didn't have the balls to drop the big names. He heard about this and in front of the entire squad at training says 'you don't think I have the balls to drop you? You tell me' and drops his trousers.

If it is true, it's not a shock.

Oh no, it happen it really did.

"The coach wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player, it was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls," said Toni.

"He demonstrated this literally (by dropping his trousers). I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn't see a lot, because I wasn't in the front row."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/875555/luca-toni-bayern-boss-louis-van-gaal-showed-us-his-balls

Van Gaal is a bit past it at club level now I think.

I just don't understand their squad building at all, considering they'll be playing 60 games this season, one major injury to Rooney and they'll be messed up upfront. There's even talk of sending James WIlson on loan shortly, don't see how they can challenge for premier league and go deep in CL with just two strikers. 

Edit: Apparently he was also mouthing off at a club function last night saying they won't win the league this season and Giggs will be the next manager so think we're in for some more amusement in the coming years.

Edited by VillaChris

Four year contract for DDG with option for a 5th. Hearing interesting things about the whole scenario. That should be a boost for the whole side now. Bad timing for Liverpool. Trolly face.

Â