Manchester United

BOF

Had to scroll down to almost the 3rd page to find the Man Utd thread, lol.

And I've only bumped it back up to say that I thoroughly enjoy each and every time LVG is humbled. Arrogant clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is probably the best thread for a Falcao debate...

have to say I've been massively disappointed from what I've seen from him in the prem as I was really looking forward to seeing him in the prem. I thought he'd have an Alexis Sanchez style impact. He's looked very average instead.

Is it too simplistic to say his injury last season has completely knackered him at the top level or is there more to it? It reminds me a bit of when Shevchenko came to the premier league, amazing striker for Meeelan but he picked up an injury there just before he left for Chelsea and that seemed to handicap him for his whole time. Veron was another player who just never adapted to the premier league.

I see Monaco are wanting 40m for him, I can't quite believe anyone's going to pay that.

Well the rumour is that he's 29, when he's saying he's 27 isn't it. Not massively different ages really, and certainly not such that you think his legs would be gone at age 29, or that an injury at 29 would knacker a player, more than it would were he 27.

I don't care if he's a million years old. He doesn't seem to be very good.

Well the rumour is that he's 29, when he's saying he's 27 isn't it. Not massively different ages really, and certainly not such that you think his legs would be gone at age 29, or that an injury at 29 would knacker a player, more than it would were he 27.

I don't care if he's a million years old. He doesn't seem to be very good.

No, the rumour is that he's 31/32 when he's saying he's 29.

Could matter at that age. Plenty of strikers drop off a cliff when they hit that sort of age. Combine that with a bad injury and it's trouble.

The rumour is most likely bollocks. But it is slightly interesting

It was a bad injury, so he probably should've stayed at Monaco to get back to his best rather than warm a bench at a club with Van Persie & Rooney as competition.

I think he'll come good next year, wherever that may be.

Although they seem to be going down the Galacticos route, I wouldn't be surprised if Manure fancied Benteke. I couldn't blame the guy if he went, but I'd like another season at least.

The rumour is most likely bollocks. But it is slightly interesting

He wouldn't be the first player to lie about his age. I think he is too weak for the premier league and gets knocked off the ball too easily. If he played in Spain he'd be a better player as its not so physical. He's a goal poacher and doesn't really add anything in open play (much like Torres) so if he's not scoring he's doing F.A. for the team (much like Torres). 

He's the Colombian Darren Bent. Looks incredible in a team set up to provide him and him alone with balls on a plate to knock in. Deeply limited when he's got to do some of the work himself. He's new to the league and it is very different to Spain so that won't have helped either but for me he hasn't shown enough to be considered impressive.

Anyone who pays £40m for him needs sectioning.

Hard to judge as he had that serious knee injury which kept him out of the world cup. I think after a pre season's training we might see a different Falcao. 

He did have a pre season at Monaco though, I saw him play in the Emirates cup which was last weekend of July.

Yeah he probably should've had another year in the French league or at least stay until January to get his fitness up, I'd agree with that.

Monaco were in the champions league after all which incredibly Falcao has hardly played in despite playing in europe since 2009.

At Porto and Atleti there was no doubt Falcao was one of the best players in the world, maybe behind Messi and Ronaldo but up there with the likes of Zlatan, Suarez, Robben (etc).   He's not that player any more.  I think he's older than he claims to be (either that or he really has been a professional since the age of 13...) and injuries have taken their toll on him.  You don't recover as quickly from injuries as you go up in years and sometimes you don't recover at all.  

If Manchester United actually buy Falcao then the world has gone mad.  For all their faults, United aren't stupid and assuming they aren't locked into a permanent deal as a part of this loan (to circumnavigate FFP?)   the only way I can see Falcao appearing at Old Trafford next season is if  they get Monaco in the cup.

Â