Manchester United

BOF

• 2 weeks later...

all the abuse he got Di Maria was the 2nd most assists in the league last season. thats bloody impressive since he missed nearly 10 games and was "out of form" for most of season

• Like 1

Think they have a very good squad going into next season, could definitly challenge for the title.

De Gea

Darmian    Jones     Smalling     Shaw

Herrera        Carrick     Scheinderlin

Mata                      Depay

Rooney

GK backup:

Romero

Johnstone

DF backup:

Mcnair

Blackett

Valencia

Rojo

Evans

MF backup:

Schweinsteiger

Blind

Powell

Young

Lingard

Pereira

Fellaini

Januzaj

FW backup:

Hernandez

Wilson

Im assuming that Di Maria goes because it seems like the move to PSG is close to being completed.

Edited by Avfc96

Need new striker really and another CB and then yes if they get off to good start they can challenge although still expect them to come short as there's something about how LVG wants them to play that means every so often they'll have a dud game and you can't afford too many of them if you want them to win the league, same with Arsenal but I think they have more quality in attack than Man. United.

Schweinstiger won't be a sub no chance, they'll rotate him and Carrick probably on who's not injured at the time, Fellani will still probably play ahead of Mata or Herrera!

Edited by VillaChris

Think that time has passed tbh and he'll stay and United will take a 20m hit on transfer fee but he'll certainly help them get top 4 again. Talk if he goes they'll get Clissjen in as number one and he certainly isn't good enough to play for a club of that standard.

Need new striker really and another CB and then yes if they get off to good start they can challenge although still expect them to come short as there's something about how LVG wants them to play that means every so often they'll have a dud game and you can't afford too many of them if you want them to win the league, same with Arsenal but I think they have more quality in attack than Man. United.

Schweinstiger won't be a sub no chance, they'll rotate him and Carrick probably on who's not injured at the time, Fellani will still probably play ahead of Mata or Herrera!

Agree on that, neither of them will be fit enough to play the majority of games throughout the season. Think Carrick will be the preferred option in the league whilst Schweinsteiger will be the preferred option in Europe.

I think they will sell Rojo and look to get Otamendi in aswell.

De Gea will leave and that's around 10 points gone right there!

De Gea will go next summer for free, United are in such a financially great position that they can afford to give up on a £20 million plus fee just to keep him for another season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the destruction starts Friday night. ☺

Former Bulgaria forward Hristo Stoichkov has warned Barcelona's Pedro not to join Manchester United, calling their boss Louis van Gaal "mediocre" and someone who "destroys" clubs.

United are reportedly keen for Pedro to replace Angel Di Maria, who joined Paris St-Germain for £44.3m last week.

Stoichkov, 49, who played under Van Gaal at Barcelona, said: "I'd never be under the orders of this Dutchman.

"If he goes there he would no longer be a footballer."

Van Gaal was in charge at Barcelona from 1997 to 2000, winning two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey and the Uefa Super Cup.

But 1994 Ballon d'Or winner Stoichkov, who made 336 appearances for Barca in two spells during the 1990s and scored 162 goals, said: "He is destroying all the players because he is so mediocre, players have left because of him.

"He destroys clubs, he did it with Barcelona, and after they take years to build."

Spain forward Pedro, 28, is a product of the Barcelona youth system but has had a lack of first-team football following the arrival of Luis Suarez and Neymar, who have formed a three-man attack with Lionel Messi at the Nou Camp.

"Pedro is a symbol of Barcelona, a type of player with energy, he fights to make himself great. Why do Barcelona need to sell him?" Stoichkov said.

Stoichkov, who branded Van Gaal "scum" in an interview in March, was unimpressed with United's 1-0 win over Tottenham in the opening match of the Premier League season on Saturday.

"He has spent £200m and the other day I saw his first game of the season. Disastrous. He won 1-0 because of an own goal."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33865888

Edited by av1

I can agree with some of what Stoichkov is saying even though it is clearly some sort of personal grudge, under Van Gaal United have spent absolutely insane amounts of money and their team looks totally void of any cohesion and understanding of what they're being asked to me, although obviously with some of the talent they have they will still win a lot of games.

When you consider that the defence still consists of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones, and Rooney is their only decent striker, that outlay looks more and more mind boggling.

Edited by av1

Former Bulgaria forward Hristo Stoichkov has warned Barcelona's Pedro not to join Manchester United, calling their boss Louis van Gaal "mediocre" and someone who "destroys" clubs.

United are reportedly keen for Pedro to replace Angel Di Maria, who joined Paris St-Germain for £44.3m last week.

Stoichkov, 49, who played under Van Gaal at Barcelona, said: "I'd never be under the orders of this Dutchman.

Van Gaal was in charge at Barcelona from 1997 to 2000, winning two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey and the Uefa Super Cup.

But 1994 Ballon d'Or winner Stoichkov, who made 336 appearances for Barca in two spells during the 1990s and scored 162 goals, said: "He is destroying all the players because he is so mediocre, players have left because of him.

"He destroys clubs, he did it with Barcelona, and after they take years to build."

Spain forward Pedro, 28, is a product of the Barcelona youth system but has had a lack of first-team football following the arrival of Luis Suarez and Neymar, who have formed a three-man attack with Lionel Messi at the Nou Camp.

"Pedro is a symbol of Barcelona, a type of player with energy, he fights to make himself great. Why do Barcelona need to sell him?" Stoichkov said.

Stoichkov, who branded Van Gaal "scum" in an interview in March, was unimpressed with United's 1-0 win over Tottenham in the opening match of the Premier League season on Saturday.

"He has spent £200m and the other day I saw his first game of the season. Disastrous. He won 1-0 because of an own goal."

Correct. He just wrote over 20m in 13 months on Di Maria.

Why is there not more being made of this by the media?

Can you imagine if Pellegrini or Rodgers had done that?

Van Gaal doesn't seem a very nice person and I don't think he is that good a manager. It's no surprise Di Maria didn't perform under him. Let's be honest if they were where they were last jan, under Moyes he would've been sacked.

I would like nothing more for him to destroy utd and he himself fail. Having said that no doubt the British media and bbc in-particular will go back to licking his ring piece when they beat us on fri.

I think Van Gaal is too much on systems over management which doesnt really work that well in the Premier League like it would in the continent like it didnt for Benitez. Mourinho has the similar outlook but he is able to work with the players so they buy into it

They could be playing with the flu, with their shoes tied together, and with blindfolds and they would still come away with a 3-0 win. 

They could be playing with the flu, with their shoes tied together, and with blindfolds and they would still come away with a 3-0 win.

My first ever football match as a 10yr old kid was against UTD, that match ended 3-0 as well. ☺

http://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-manchester-united-26-december-1989-89541/

Little did I realise that it would be so long till I saw it again in person.

Stoichkov is a bitter fool. Sure van Gaal has his problems but I couldn't give a shit about the opinion of someone who racially abuses opponents and then justifies it by saying everyone does it. 

Tonev should have used that one 

all the abuse he got Di Maria was the 2nd most assists in the league last season. thats bloody impressive since he missed nearly 10 games and was "out of form" for most of season

Ahh meaningless stats, the bane of proper football analysis.

• Like 1

Ahh meaningless stats, the bane of proper football analysis.

It is still interesting though, in a conversation about someone who seemingly utterly bombed in the league, that he would have anywhere near that stat.  The stat alone doesn't absolve his performances, but it is at the very least a head scratching sidenote.  I think his price tag was his main downfall.  If he didn't have to live up to that then he'd probably have gotten more time.

Â