Manchester United

BOF

This is actually hilarious.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/30/manchester-united-transfer-news-dayot-upamecano-deal-agreed-triple-signing-philipp-lahm-accepts-move-5221666/

"Manchester United transfer news: Dayot Upamecano deal agreed, triple signing, Philipp Lahm accepts move"

So apparently United have signed Reus, Lahm, Higuain, Upamecano, and Gaitain. Yeah okay...

• 3 weeks later...

Reached a deal for Mandzukic. That is a good signing for me. He should do better than Falcao. 

They still need another center back in my opinion and if they lose De Gea, who could they get to replace him? Maybe a cash + Casillas swap for De Gea? 

Reached a deal for Mandzukic. That is a good signing for me. He should do better than Falcao. 

They still need another center back in my opinion and if they lose De Gea, who could they get to replace him? Maybe a cash + Casillas swap for De Gea? 

Where did you hear this? I haven't even seen him linked to us properly.

Otamendi sounds like it could be on and his agent has said he wants out of Valencia. Valencia want the buy-out price though and we think its too much. 

We're being linked with Lloris but I can't see Levy selling to us. I don't want Casillas and I hope we sign someone so Valdes isn't our number 1. 

Where did you hear this? I haven't even seen him linked to us properly.

Otamendi sounds like it could be on and his agent has said he wants out of Valencia. Valencia want the buy-out price though and we think its too much. 

We're being linked with Lloris but I can't see Levy selling to us. I don't want Casillas and I hope we sign someone so Valdes isn't our number 1. 

I must admit I'm surprised Man. United haven't been linked with more forwards. Judging from last season, Van Persie is finished as a top level forward. Rooney is still quality but coming up to 30 and played a fair amount of last season in central midfield which suggests LVG isn't fully convinced, Hernandez was bombed out on loan which hardly suggests he'll bust a gut for Van Gaal and James Wilson is just a kid.

Yes Memphis has been signed but in a 4-3-3 he plays as one of the wide forwards surely, him and Young anyway.

Given they're back in the champions league I'd assume two new forwards when RVP and Hernandez leave.

Really? Even though Allegri has confirmed hes signing for Juventus

Lmfao

I'm not sure signing a 29 year old striker is the answer to Manchester United's problems of an ageing forward line anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this browsing the net. Its a "this is how UTD could line up next season" effort from the Daily Star.

Manchester-United-predicted-line-up-2596

Hands up, was I the only one who's first thought was that Chris Smalling looks hopelessly out of place?

Really like some of their signings....big fan of Schnderlien...liked Darmain since his performance for Italy v England in the world cup...Schwensitger is quality but can he stay fit.

I suppose the first two it's a question of mentality aswell as ability, can they handle being Manchester United players as they'll now be expected to challenge for title and probably make quarters of champions league (even Moyes did that).

Still a few question marks over the defence for me, anyone seen that stuff about Valdes refusing to play for reserves and now he'll get sold so with De Gea leaving in the near future they'll do well to find keepers of that standard.

Yeah, seems odd to be selling Valdes. 

But the BBC have quotes from Van Gaal so must be something in it.

"He doesn't follow my philosophy. There is no place for someone like that," said Van Gaal of his January signing.

"Last year, he refused to play in the second team and there are other aspects you need as a keeper at United.
"When you are not willing to follow those principles, there is only one way and that is out.
"It is a big disappointment. It is a pity because we have given him the opportunity to rehabilitate, gave him a contract and then he is fit to play."
Edited by Stevo985

Â