Manchester United

BOF

Blackett won't be seen again this season I reckon. Reckon LVG will play Carrick at the back when he's fit and send Blackett out on loan.

I feel sorry for him, he's apparently a 'talented' young 'prospect' but could well be destroyed by his experiences this season already. 

He's young and hasn't got an experienced head next to him, instead he has numpties like Smalling, Evans and Jones, who are overrated mid table standard footballers with no leadership qualities.

He really isn't that talented of a prospect and most reserve/youth followers don't rate him very much. He is very calm and composed on the ball but he has always lacked concentration and his defensive awareness to pick up runs etc. isn't very good. He also shies away from picking up a man and always seems to want to play as the extra man at the back which he got away with it in a back 3 but in a back 4 he can't do that. He is lucky to have got his chances due to him being left footed and van Gaal preferring to have a left footer at LCB. Michael Keane and Tom Thorpe are much better players. 

I bow to your superior knowledge of Yanited youth products. I will say that I feel Rojo was at least as much to blame for the second penalty as Blackett, as he seemed to have totally disappeared from his position (EDIT: and also he's a World Cup finalist so really, he just shouldn't be making prize blunders). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

They could have added Ashley Cole and Ron Vlaar to their back line and had change out of £15m. That would have at least given them some improvement for this season.

As said, not sure who is pulling the strings at utd, could see LVG walking if he gets fed up.

Says stay classy, then calls a club manure. Stay class Aston Villa. 

There are bellends who supposedly support all clubs on twitter and football forums just as you can pick out a handful of words removed on this very forum. 

If you don't like it then you can always see how Bob in Tahiti thinks of your latest loss over on redcafe (or on blue moon if he has already switched sides).

He really isn't that talented of a prospect and most reserve/youth followers don't rate him very much. He is very calm and composed on the ball but he has always lacked concentration and his defensive awareness to pick up runs etc. isn't very good. He also shies away from picking up a man and always seems to want to play as the extra man at the back which he got away with it in a back 3 but in a back 4 he can't do that. He is lucky to have got his chances due to him being left footed and van Gaal preferring to have a left footer at LCB. Michael Keane and Tom Thorpe are much better players. 

Maybe Blackett was played against the easy teams in the hope that, in the event of United's inevitable string of victories due to the genius of Van Gaal marriaged with their all-powerful new strike force, they would be able to take him out before the harder games, and sell him on for an inflated transfer fee in the winter transfer window. 

If that was the plan it backfired.

Not sure how true because I'm not checking all 800 games, but according to some bloke on Twitter [edit: one of the Opta accounts, I guess it's safe to take their word for it], it's the first time they've ever gone on to lose from having a 2 goal lead in the league since football was invented in 1992. 

But at least they were undefeated in pre-season. :D

Edited by Davkaus

Enjoying this a lot. Who would have thought spending the GDP of a small country on attacking players and none on defenders would result in this?

To be fair, their foot/gunfire damage policy was slightly more genius - they also let Ferdinand, Vidic, and Evra go ( knowing well in advance that they would leave).

Southampton also lost their manager and whole bunch of players and the effects have been exactly the different. The incapable fools!

A women at work is with a utd fan. She said he was moaning so much about the ref yesterday. Well guess what utd fans that's how football actually is. Everyone gets decisions against them, they're just so used to fergie bullying everyone...

Does make me smile.

I bow to your superior knowledge of Yanited youth products. I will say that I feel Rojo was at least as much to blame for the second penalty as Blackett, as he seemed to have totally disappeared from his position (EDIT: and also he's a World Cup finalist so really, he just shouldn't be making prize blunders). 

Aye, Rojo was all over the shop yesterday. Sporting fans say he isn't a LB and he had a similar performance for them at LB a couple years ago and never played there again and is much better at CB. The way he was all over the place yesterday though makes me skeptical if he'll have the awareness, position and discipline to play at CB either or if he'll be a bit of David Luiz and play as a free-role CB.

Enjoying this a lot. Who would have thought spending the GDP of a small country on attacking players and none on defenders would result in this?

To be fair, their foot/gunfire damage policy was slightly more genius - they also let Ferdinand, Vidic, and Evra go ( knowing well in advance that they would leave).

Southampton also lost their manager and whole bunch of players and the effects have been exactly the different. The incapable fools!

whilst they obviously did have a foot/gunfire damage policy it is not quite the same situation as Southampton.

Southampton didn't lose all of their experienced defence (Fonte, the captain, and Yoshida) and in Schneiderlin, already had a powerful central midfielder who incidentally, could easily get in Man Utd's first XI.

whilst they obviously did have a foot/gunfire damage policy it is not quite the same situation as Southampton.

Southampton didn't lose all of their experienced defence (Fonte, the captain, and Yoshida) and in Schneiderlin, already had a powerful central midfielder who incidentally, could easily get in Man Utd's first XI.

Sure. They lost creative players and goalscorers and manager. What they did though was replace the areas where they had been weakened. That was the point, really. Man U knew where they would be weakened and acted on it, Manchester did the opposite. Probably lost in my sarcasm.

Sure. They lost creative players and goalscorers and manager. What they did though was replace the areas where they had been weakened. That was the point, really. Man U knew where they would be weakened and acted on it, Manchester did the opposite. Probably lost in my sarcasm.

Now I get you. I thought you were calling Man Utd "incapable fools" but you were being sarcastic about Southampton.

It really was a surprise to me that Man Utd did not begin their rebuilding with the defence. Question is was that deliberate intention or did they try and fail?

Are there any established world class defenders they could attract? Getting Luke Shaw who at 19 was not yet established but very likely to enter that class of player may have been the best they could manage.

Edited by Con

Â