VillaGoMarching

Just now, rodders0223 said:

23 goals and 14 assists in the PL last season Harry Kane got.

23 goals.

14 assists.

He's a phenomenal footballer.

agree

but id still buy Haaland if i had that money

thats the stumbling block for me, i know they'd have to deal with his scumbag agent but i genuinely think he's a younger better player - and is dealing with MR as bad as dealing with Levy? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

23 goals and 14 assists in the PL last season Harry Kane got.

23 goals.

14 assists.

He's a phenomenal footballer.

A lot of people on here don’t watch a lot of football outside of Villa (which is pretty expected tbh as it’s a Villa forum) - but they’re also very quick to have an opinion on someone after only watching them play 2 or 3 games.

Kane has been awful this tournament - but he finished the PL season in exceptional form, now he’s “barely worth £20m” 😂.  No one looks good playing in that England team. It’s made Foden and Sancho look like average players. Even Grealish has struggled to reach the levels we know he can. 

• Like 3

On 23/06/2021 at 11:54, Mic09 said:

Am I the only one thinking that Kane to Man City for 100m is simply not happening?

1) Man City never spend that much on a single player - I think compared to Man U or Barca or Real or Juve they actually have a good transfer model. I'm sure they have their eyes set on 10 different strikers.
2) Guardiola doesn't play with a dedicated striker (or he hasn't recently) - but maybe because he doesn't have one that's good enough, granted.
3) Kane's form does not warrant such a fee - lately, he looks slow and lazy. 
4) I'm sure they could get better value in Europe with a younger striker that could score 20 goals. 
5) Spurs counter and Son feeds Kane - City dominate and kills teams with slick passing and through balls. Is Kane made for that?

I just don't see it. But I could be wrong. 

1) There have only been 5 transfers ever over £100m. None by an English club. It’s just rare for players who justify that fee to become available. Man City spent £60m on a CB last year and £60m on a RB the year before that. I really don’t think the £100m fee for a striker is a barrier.

2) You touched on this yourself - but Pep has played with a recognised striker throughout his career when he’s had one he trusts. He played Eto’o at Barca, he played Lewandowski at Bayern and he played Aguero for years at City.

3) Kane has literally just finished the season as the PL top scorer and top assister - how can he “out of form” 😂. I’m sorry, but you can’t judge him on 3 games for Southgate’s depressingly bad England side.

4) Kane is a top 5 striker in world football at the moment. They’re not wanting to sign a 20 goal a season striker, they’re expecting him to score 35.

Haaland/Benzema/Lewandowski/Lukaku (maybe Mbappe, but I think he is better wide of a 3) are the other top strikers in Europe right now - are any of those really going to be cheaper than Kane? Haaland wants £400k p/w. Kane is the only proven PL striker out of all of them. 

5) Asking “is Kane made for a team that use through balls” makes me think you’ve never seen him play. Watch some of his through balls to assist Son this season. His build up play / touch is really good in general. He’d be an unbelievable signing for City, I have no doubt.

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

A lot of people on here don’t watch a lot of football outside of Villa (which is pretty expected tbh as it’s a Villa forum) - but they’re also very quick to have an opinion on someone after only watching them play 2 or 3 games.

Kane has been awful this tournament - but he finished the PL season in exceptional form, now he’s “barely worth £20m” 😂.  No one looks good playing in that England team. It’s made Foden and Sancho look like average players. Even Grealish has struggled to reach the levels we know he can. 

This is exactly it. You can tell who's only seen the player in question when they play Villa or in big games that they watch on Sky. It's the same with other fans too tbf. It's taken 3 years for people to see how good Jack is, because they've been watching him for England now whereas before, who was really watching Villa more than 5 times a seaason?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

About to sign Kounde, spending the Kane money early 🤔

Interesting one. We were vaguely linked a few years ago and he's since gone to Sevilla and done very very well. Wasn't great for France the other night at RB but will certainly be an upgrade with the jokers they have at CB.

Interesting they're in turmoil without a manager and can still go and get a regular starter from consistant top 4 and trophy winning team in Spain. Add in the good ones they've got from Ajax down the years and we still lack that pulling power to get in top class players from major european teams, hopefully that will change in next 2-3 years with the finance we have.

Â