VillaGoMarching

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I do find the Spurs thing funny. They had 4-5 year’s of champions league football with a manager (poch) who over achieved with a fairly average squad. But the reality that seems to have been forgotten is that they are mid table premier league club at best and I would imagine the average league position over the last 20-25 years backs that up. This is why the phrase big 6 irritates me as it’s a phrase made up by the London biased press but it gives the impression they are a big club. Leicester and wigan have both won the FA cup since Spurs were last in the final. God knows how many different teams have won the league since Spurs did. Simply put they don’t win anything even with one of the worlds best strikers in there team. Thankfully I can see the big decline back to normality returning. Also throwing it out there I wouldn’t be surprised if levy was a key driver behind the super league because the stadium had **** them. 

You're right that if we measure by trophies won and leagues won and so on, it's ridiculous to talk about Spurs as on some kind of level with the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool. But the area in which there really is a huge difference between the 'big 6' and the rest is in revenues. They fit the group financially.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Howww do they get the revenues. Like how. They don't win nothing

Be in Europe for a few consecutive years.

Qualify for the Champions League.

Have players who are known globally.

Be based in London.

Have a great marketing dept who sells those points to the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Do the Kardashians act? Sing? Write? Produce erm...anything?

Get famous, get brands, make money.

Spurs are the Kardashians - they do nothing but try to stay relevant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

In my experience, when the PL started being televised regularly in the USA Spurs were the “good” club that wasn’t a bandwagon team. People don’t want to jump on the Man U or Liverpool train all the time, they’re looking for a “new” team that still competes for stuff. They were in the perfect spot for that.

Also the Ted Lasso TV show was based off of a series of TV commercials that ran during the PL’s first season on NBC over here. Same premise (a clueless American who gets thrust into coaching soccer),  Same actor, except he was the head coach of Spurs instead of whatever fictional club he’s at in the show. That was a big marketing bonus.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He doesn't speak English and apparently had no interest in learning 

Has not stopped Bielsa!  Would be curious to see Zidane manage elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Speaking of Bielsa, could be an interesting option for Spurs I reckon. 

I reckon he loves it up in Leeds and wouldn't touch a club like Spurs.

The guy can peacefully go round to his local coffee shop, he wouldn't get that in London.

Â