VillaGoMarching

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Of course he was told if he wants the job and any kind of transfer kitty he will give it his blessing. 

Also looks like it's his decision if Kane goes, set up as the fall guy letting Levy off the hook. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course he was told if he wants the job and any kind of transfer kitty he will give it his blessing. 

Also looks like it's his decision if Kane goes, set up as the fall guy letting Levy off the hook. 

Not crazy tbh.

I honestly dont think theyll allow Kane to go. Danny Ings has just refused a new contract, could easily see City just getting him for much less and just use him sparingly and continue with their false 9 approach most the time. Levy needs some sort of credit back with their fans and blocking a move while he’s still got years left on his contract will at least keep them happy for a while.

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I honestly dont think theyll allow Kane to go. Danny Ings has just refused a new contract, could easily see City just getting him for much less and just use him sparingly and continue with their false 9 approach most the time. Levy needs some sort of credit back with their fans and blocking a move while he’s still got years left on his contract will at least keep them happy for a while.

I wonder if Eddie Howe regrets turning down the Celtic job? With the Spurs, Everton and Palace jobs filled he will do well to get a prem job now.  The longer you are off the carousal the less likely you get back on.

If someone presses the panic button before the international break in October its more likely they will go for a big sam fixer than poor old eddie.

Rapidly becoming yestersday's man. Oh well.

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder if Eddie Howe regrets turning down the Celtic job? With the Spurs, Everton and Palace jobs filled he will do well to get a prem job now.  The longer you are off the carousal the less likely you get back on.

If someone presses the panic button before the international break in October its more likely they will go for a big sam fixer than poor old eddie.

I can see Eddie rocking up at possibly Southampton, depending on how they start the season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 18:44, The Fun Factory said:

I could see him going to Newcastle if Bruce starts off very badly this season.

18 hours ago, Mantis said:

I could see him going to Newcastle if Bruce starts off very badly this season.

Got home sick in Burnley and turned down Celtic. Think he is waiting for Southampton or Brighton job to come up

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Spurs about to sign former Villa goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini.

I'm not sure I understand this deal from Atalanta's perspective. Loan deal with only an option to buy for a mediocre fee for their first choice keeper?

Same from Gollini's perspective. Going from first choice at a Champions League team to 2nd choice at a Conference League team, and as it's a loan presumably on the same wages.

Spurs are improving their backup keeper situation though. They seem to be the only winners.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 2

Â