VillaGoMarching

Who is going to want to come in as 4th...5th...6th...choice now, especially with seemingly no money to spend, and high demands.

Cant see beyond the likes of Potter and Hasenhüttl for the potential step up; However would either actually see it that way, if they haven't already turned them down.

Meanwhile every week that passes it gets worse...real car crash stuff!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The guy Favre, that Palace are talking to . . . does he not have a better CV than the likes of Gattuso? (That's a genuine question, I don't follow football much outside England)

He does but seems to not have many takers and not sure if its fans or boards that dont seem to like him 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Who is going to want to come in as 4th...5th...6th...choice now, especially with seemingly no money to spend, and high demands.

Cant see beyond the likes of Potter and Hasenhüttl for the potential step up; However would either actually see it that way, if they haven't already turned them down.

Sol Campbell is waiting for the call 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

(nicked from elsewhere)

7F58C41D-E508-47FA-B9F0-6C576190B01D.jpeg

• Haha 3

They should go for Potter, it would mean I win my bet but I also think he's a great choice.

If we get off to a bad start next season I think Smith could be in trouble and if I had to pick a replacement it would be Potter. 

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

They should go for Potter, it would mean I win my bet but I also think he's a great choice.

If we get off to a bad start next season I think Smith could be in trouble and if I had to pick a replacement it would be Potter. 

I think we are past Potter now, if we get rid of Smith it will be a much bigger fish than Potter

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The guy Favre, that Palace are talking to . . . does he not have a better CV than the likes of Gattuso? (That's a genuine question, I don't follow football much outside England)

Got Berlin, 'Gladbach and Nice all into CL so yes by quite some distance. He'd be a very good pick up for Spurs in their current state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Got Berlin, 'Gladbach and Nice all into CL so yes by quite some distance. He'd be a very good pick up for Spurs in their current state.

Just seems crazy to have ended up in a situation where Palace are possibly succeeding in an ambitious appointment while Spurs just end up with anyone who'll answer the phone.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think its all on Levy though, Poch got them close to a challenging team and then pulled the plug on transfers for the stadium. Squad needed freshening up, a lot of the players from 2018 are still starting and have gone backwards 

They didn't sign any players for 18 months. Even a title winning team would get stale if that happened. The squad was already thin as it was too. It's all on Levy.

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

WTF us up with Kane??

It's weird, I'd never have thought he would be the kind of guy to just shrug his shoulders and jog off as if being subbed is nothing.  He surely can't be fit.  Nonetheless, even with us seemingly purposefully going out to be as uncreative as possible he has nearly got on the end of a couple of crosses and scored, so if Southgate did surround him with attacking players who don't play like drains I'd fancy him to score a few.

I do find the Spurs thing funny. They had 4-5 year’s of champions league football with a manager (poch) who over achieved with a fairly average squad. But the reality that seems to have been forgotten is that they are mid table premier league club at best and I would imagine the average league position over the last 20-25 years backs that up. This is why the phrase big 6 irritates me as it’s a phrase made up by the London biased press but it gives the impression they are a big club. Leicester and wigan have both won the FA cup since Spurs were last in the final. God knows how many different teams have won the league since Spurs did. Simply put they don’t win anything even with one of the worlds best strikers in there team. Thankfully I can see the big decline back to normality returning. Also throwing it out there I wouldn’t be surprised if levy was a key driver behind the super league because the stadium had **** them. 

Â