VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Alli, Moura, Sissoko, Wanyama, Kane injured. Dembele gone, Son away on international duty and Dier just getting back :crylaugh: 

Yet Vincent Janssen still has no future at Spurs

• Like 1

“Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level,” he said.

“I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four.

https://www.football365.com/news/pochettino-dismisses-trophies-they-only-build-your-ego

Now there’s a legacy for the players to tell the kids and for the supporters to get excited about. 

“Did you ever win the FA Cup, Dad”

”No but we finished in the Top Four 5 times and made the quarters of the Champions League”

”Wow!”

• Like 1

**** me, what a load of bollocks that is. It “only builds your ego”?

I like spurs and Poch, but he’s talking shite there.

Why bother going for the top four, it just means you’re entered into another one of those annoying tournaments where they insist on giving a trophy and medals to the winners. The heartless bastards.

• Like 1

I'm really impressed and envious about how they've managed to keep their wages down, even for their star players, but that's over now.

If they are to compete for big name players they are going to have to offer a lot more.

Eriksen and Kane will triple their wages if they move, easily. 

And players like Rabiot or even Grealish are already earning more than Alli and almost as much as Lamela, Dier, Moura and Sanchez...

They will have to totally dismantle their wage structure while at the same time pay for their stadium.

Be very interesting to see what happens if they miss out on the CL.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pochettino deserves great credit for taking them so far and Levy should get all the blame for the collapse

It's not really Levy's fault either. A 1 billion pound stadium is going put a dent in the transfer budget. It just shows how hard it is to compete when you don't have a mega money owner throwing cash down a black hole. Spurs will be competing with Arsenal for the much coveted 4th place trophy for the next few years. 

Â