VillaGoMarching

Things change throughout the year, but Spurs seem to be getting further away from top 4.

I'm curious what will happen when champs league kicks off for them again. Their form when having champs league is terrible. They had only 1 win in all of November in the league.

10 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Things change throughout the year, but Spurs seem to be getting further away from top 4.

I'm curious what will happen when champs league kicks off for them again. Their form when having champs league is terrible. They had only 1 win in all of November in the league.

It will be interesting to see how Spurs cope when their better players decide to leave, which they will.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would players like Kane, Erikson, Son stay there when they can get CL every year with a consistent club? I hope Kane leaves and goes somewhere like Barcelona 

This is the problem they will have. It already looks like Alli is preparing his exit by teaming up with Wolves saviour Jorge Mendes. Once he leaves then what do Kane and Ponchettino do? Stay with a team who don't seem to be able to win anything and who's aim is to get Top 4 every year and get out of their CL group. Their are six top teams in England and only 4 CL spots so Spurs are always going to be on the bubble. If Kane leaves and joins a Manchester club or one of the big two in Spain then suddenly he's winning things and challenging for titles every year. Spurs also have a shiny new stadium to pay for so it's not like there's going to be lots of money to spend.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would players like Kane, Erikson, Son stay there when they can get CL every year with a consistent club? I hope Kane leaves and goes somewhere like Barcelona 

Lloris, Rose, Dier ,Vertonghen are all capable of playing for better teams too.

I reckon Spurs may have a problem sooner rather than later

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its no good for football if the best players just all play for the same 4-5 teams in Europe. 

I'm no fan of Spurs but I hope they keep hold of their players. 

Exactly this, as much as I dislike Spurs it only serves to maintain the status quo if their best players all jump ship

• Like 1

At least they will get money for their stars unlike Arsenal.

I think they'll be fine (ish). Of course if they all leave at the same time like happened to Monaco it will hurt them.

With the new TV deal there are only 5 or so teams outside England that can compete with them financially, and another 5 or so in England.

They have London, a good academy and solid scouting.

Rose goes for £40-50m, they get Sessegnon for £20-30m... Of course they will find it hard to replace Kane.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its no good for football if the best players just all play for the same 4-5 teams in Europe. 

I'm no fan of Spurs but I hope they keep hold of their players. 

I don't think they will.

Look at players like Kyle Walker and how much he gets paid now compared to the others left behind at Spurs.  Not only is Walker on vastly more money but he is also going to win some silverware too.

• Like 1

I don't want to see Spurs dismantled after one season of missing champs league, but unfortunately that is what happens in today's game. 

Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Alderweireld, and Lloris are all world class players who can slot into basically any team. 

PSG need a new keeper.

Real Madrid need a new striker. 

Barcelona need some need midfielders. 

Honestly Spurs can be picked apart if they don't get top 4. Kane scored the most goals out of any player last year including Ronaldo and Messi. It's crazy that he could potentially not be playing for a champs league club. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't want to see Spurs dismantled after one season of missing champs league, but unfortunately that is what happens in today's game. 

Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Alderweireld, and Lloris are all world class players who can slot into basically any team. 

PSG need a new keeper.

Honestly Spurs can be picked apart if they don't get top 4. Kane scored the most goals out of any player last year including Ronaldo and Messi. It's crazy that he could potentially not be playing for a champs league club. 

Personally don't think Dele Alli is at the level of PSG/Real Madrid/Barcelona.

I think Eriksen is the potential major loss they'd have.  He's a quality player and I can't see him having any particular allegiance to Spurs should someone like Barcelona come knocking.

Gut feeling is that Kane sticks around for years, though.

• Like 1

Deli Alli to R Madrid or Barca?   :crylaugh:

As for Spurs, I do not like them and I think it will be interesting to see what happens once they are knocked out the champions league and fail to finish in the top 4 this season.

Unless Levy breaks the wage barrier there could be a few players looking to leave for definite.

On 05/01/2018 at 16:25, Czechlad said:

PSG need a new keeper.

Alli simply is not 'world class' by any stretch of the imagination. His level has dramatically dropped off this season as well.

• Like 1

Â