VillaGoMarching

i think after watching scholes, gerrard and lampards careers and then to a lesser extent seeing the jack wilshere hype machine i just dont excited by him if im honest, all this good enough for madrid / barca and will fire england to success stuff...no he wont

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Andre Gomes is still starting regularly this season.

Maybe so but the step up from Spurs to Barcelona is huge, bigger than MK Dons to Spurs and Gomes has technique at least and isnt headless

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's miles better than Wilshere.

yes he is

the things being written about him are pretty much the same though

my point was that i've seen and heard all this stuff before with english midfielders and none of them have gone on to join foreign elite clubs or do anything with england, i dont see ali as any different

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe so but the step up from Spurs to Barcelona is huge, bigger than MK Dons to Spurs and Gomes has technique at least and isnt headless

Gomes can barely pass a ball more than 5 yards. Watching him regularly for Valencia and Barca last year and most of his long range passes sailed into the stands.

I think Ali's got lovely technique. That goal he scored at Palace, he frequently receives the balls with defenders around him and can spin away from them and he gets a decent amount of his shots on target.

Of course all this disappears when he pulls on a national shirt....

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

yes he is

the things being written about him are pretty much the same though

my point was that i've seen and heard all this stuff before with english midfielders and none of them have gone on to join foreign elite clubs or do anything with england, i dont see ali as any different

England is just like this wierd force field when any decent club players loses all natural ability when they pull on the shirt and make brainless decisions (usually because they haven't got a foreign player next to them to help them out like with club sides).

I look at Ali's level for Spurs though and I'm pretty sure he could step it up to one of the elite world teams. He's regularly hitting 15-20 goals a season just like Bale was so sure he could do as well as Bale has for RM.

Gerrard and Lampard were brilliant club players let's not forget. Mourinho wanted to sign him for Inter Milan in 2008 and I'm sure he'd have done very well in Seria A at that time considering Beckham went to AC Milan that season and was their best player at the age of 35. Gerrard and Rooney would've done well abroad but they were all too comfortable at their own clubs, island mentality if you like.

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Alli has great technique what are you saying? 

Yes young English players have been hyped up forever, but that doesn't preclude one of them actually living up to that hype. 

the thing stopping him from playing for real madrid is kroos, modric, asensio and isco...

all 4 of them would be among the best PL players if they were here

he's probably a year ahead of him in terms of his development but is he really worth an £80m bid when they have asensio? (who has already achieved more than alli will in his career)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Alli has great technique what are you saying? 

Yes young English players have been hyped up forever, but that doesn't preclude one of them actually living up to that hype. 

he has good shot technique and some bits of showboating but I have never seen him run a game from midfield like an Eriksen, Iniesta or Modric for example

Â