VillaGoMarching

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes I like Son. Has there been a better player from South Korea?

Park Ji-Sung.  Or Ji-Sung Park as he became known later in his career.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

If they didn't have Kane they'd have gone out and bought a senior striker.   He wouldn't be as good as Kane but he'd be better than what they currently have as his backup.  It's not like they'd play with ten men or attempt to survive with Son partnering Llorente.

That worked well for Everton didn't it and remember the last time they replaced a superstar 

Just now, PaulC said:

That worked well for Everton didn't it and remember the last time they replaced a superstar 

Everton didn't replace Lukaku with a main striker, so they get the dunce's cap for this season.

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Who played in just about every big game.

Anyway back on topic please folks.

Yet for the most part barely managed to play in more than half of their league games (that he could have appeared in). Good player but Son better IMO. 

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sorry to go back to me saying he needed to storm an international tournament to be world class...it was more because the likes of Owen, Shearer and Lineker have all done it.

Lineker at 86 and 90 world cups, Shearer top scorer at euro 96 and then Owen was best young player at 98 world cup.

These guys all regularly scored 20 goals a season at club level for various clubs so you couldn't just announce Kane is best english striker in last 30 years until he does that imo as good as he is for Spurs (and boy has he proven me wrong).

Playing devil's advocate, I find it hard to hold Kane to that standard because sadly he is playing in a shite team with a dour manager who has never done anything in club football.

The '96 team had McMannaman, Gascoigne etc. and El Tel knew what he was doing. Likewise Owen was part of a really good team in '98.

The team Lineker played in was managed by Bobby Robson and he had Beardsley, Waddle, Barnes, Hoddle & and an emerging Gascoigne playing with him. (Great memories.)

15 hours ago, rosenthal said:

He need to keep his current performance level. But as a goal scorer he's so far the best the Premier League has seen with the highest goal ratio of them all - english and foreign. 

Michael Owen actually never scored 20 in a league season. Kane comes off 21, 25, 29. And with 8 so far might very well go past 30 if he can stay fit this season. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of tournament he'll have with England next summer. 

Premature and deceptive stats. It's about longevity. I've never seen such a devastating forward in the Premier League than Alan Shearer between 1992 and 97. Three years in a row he hit more than 30 goals, in fact his goals to games ratio at Blackburn was better than Kane's at Spurs. Injuries took their toll on Shearer in 97/98 and he wasn't the same, despite still being an excellent goal scorer. Kane could well get injured or simply lose form, time will tell.

That said he'd be well advised to not care about the stupid premier league record and go abroad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Every season when Kane picks up an injury and is out for a month people think Spurs will collapse and then Son comes in and scores hat-tricks.

One of the most underrated players in the league, great finish for his goal yesterday.

I totally agree. Pace, good finisher, great work ethic, team player, good appreciation of those around him and I think he is improving.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Premature and deceptive stats. It's about longevity. I've never seen such a devastating forward in the Premier League than Alan Shearer between 1992 and 97. Three years in a row he hit more than 30 goals, in fact his goals to games ratio at Blackburn was better than Kane's at Spurs. Injuries took their toll on Shearer in 97/98 and he wasn't the same, despite still being an excellent goal scorer. Kane could well get injured or simply lose form, time will tell.

That said he'd be well advised to not care about the stupid premier league record and go abroad.

Don't forget that they played more games back then too, Shearer was slightly ahead in overall goal ratio at same age as Kane, but he had never hit that 1 goal per game ratio Kane now is on and never did.
If Kane have two more seasons after this with the level he's been at then he'll have equalled Shearer's peak years as far as goals goes.

Kane:
2014/15 21yo 34 - 21
2015/16 22yo 38 - 25
2016/17 23yo 30 - 29 (best season goal ratio ever in the Premier League history)
2017/18 24yo 9 - 8

Shearer:
1991/92 21yo 41 - 13
1992/93 22yo 21-16
1993/94 23yo 40 - 31
1994/95 24yo 42 - 34

Also worth to mention that one of Alan Shearer's records are about to fall coming months. He hold the most Premier League goals scored in a calendar year, 36 goals back in 1995.
Spurs have 12 games left in 2017, Harry Kane need 7 to equal Shearer, 8 to take the record for himself.

Two greats of the game though, no doubt about it.

Spurs can finish between 2nd and 4th as much as they like and have some impressive league and CL performances like Real Madrid, but if you dont win anything whats the point? Even we have been to more FA cup finals than they have over the last few years 

• Like 1

Â