VillaGoMarching

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the thing stopping him from playing for real madrid is kroos, modric, asensio and isco...

all 4 of them would be among the best PL players if they were here

he's probably a year ahead of him in terms of his development but is he really worth an £80m bid when they have asensio? (who has already achieved more than alli will in his career)

Bin Benzema, whack Ronnie as false 9 striker and have Dele Ali in number 10 role ahead of said three central midfielders. ;)

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bin Benzema, whack Ronnie as false 9 striker and have Dele Ali in number 10 role ahead of said three central midfielders. ;)

got Casemiro, Dani Ceballos and Kovacic as well 

not a chance he would get a game regularly at Real Madrid

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

got Casemiro, Dani Ceballos and Kovacic as well 

not a chance he would get a game regularly at Real Madrid

Ronaldo

Ali       Isco/Asensio

Modric  Kroos

Casemiro

Bale back in the premier league. Benzema playing for Marseille.

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he has good shot technique and some bits of showboating but I have never seen him run a game from midfield like an Eriksen, Iniesta or Modric for example

Yes but he is not a play-maker. More like a David Platt

• Like 1

Lets be honest at 21 with a goal ratio of better than 1 in 3 all the top clubs in Europe would want him. That performance against the European champions will only enhance his reputation. He's never going to be a Kevin De Bruyne but he would be the one on the end of the De Bruyne passes. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe so but the step up from Spurs to Barcelona is huge, bigger than MK Dons to Spurs

Eh?

MK Dons are 16th in League One. Spurs were the 2nd-best team in England last year. Obviously Barcelona are better, but I'm not seeing this. We're talking about a team that literally beat Real Madrid last night, not whoever qualified from the JT Hughes Mitsubishi Welsh Premier Division. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Eh?

MK Dons are 16th in League One. Spurs were the 2nd-best team in England last year. Obviously Barcelona are better, but I'm not seeing this. We're talking about a team that literally beat Real Madrid last night, not whoever qualified from the JT Hughes Mitsubishi Welsh Premier Division. 

the atmosphere at the club is different in terms of pressure. Lots and lots of good players have failed moving to Real Madrid or Barcelona from similar clubs as need a perfect temperament to deal with fans and constant media attention

Alli has a dreadful temperament in that he is easily wound up

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

the atmosphere at the club is different in terms of pressure. Lots and lots of good players have failed moving to Real Madrid or Barcelona from similar clubs as need a perfect temperament to deal with fans and constant media attention

Alli has a dreadful temperament in that he is easily wound up

Meh. Bale and Modric seem to have managed exactly the same transition pretty well all things considered. 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Meh. Bale and Modric seem to have managed exactly the same transition pretty well all things considered. 

for every Bale and Modric there is a Hleb, Song, Adebayor, Petit, Van der Vaart, Sneijder even Zlatan, David Villa or Henry couldnt cope.

Its a different ball game

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for every Bale and Modric there is a Hleb, Song, Adebayor, Petit, Van der Vaart, Sneijder even Zlatan, David Villa or Henry couldnt cope.

Its a different ball game

I'm not guaranteeing he would be a successful transfer; that's just guessing. 

I'm disputing that MK Dons are more like Tottenham than Tottenham are like Barcelona, in terms of either footballing ability (as I initially thought you meant) or media attention or scrutiny. 

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

he has good shot technique and some bits of showboating but I have never seen him run a game from midfield like an Eriksen, Iniesta or Modric for example

He's not that kind of midfielder. Also that has nothing to do with technique.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only if Pochettino leaves. He is the glue at Spurs.

I don't agree. I think after this season a lot of 'bigger' clubs with substantially more resources will come in for the likes of Alli, Kane, Erickson et al and some of them will leave. Given these players are consistently disguising themselves as among the best in the division I think it's only fair that they get paid accordingly. There's surely only so long that Dele Alli can be willing to earn 'only' £50k a week, which is approximately half of what Jesse Lingard takes home, and be happy. Spurs will either have to change their salary policy or face losing a lot of these players IMO.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2017 at 11:23, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't agree. I think after this season a lot of 'bigger' clubs with substantially more resources will come in for the likes of Alli, Kane, Erickson et al and some of them will leave. Given these players are consistently disguising themselves as among the best in the division I think it's only fair that they get paid accordingly. There's surely only so long that Dele Alli can be willing to earn 'only' £50k a week, which is approximately half of what Jesse Lingard takes home, and be happy. Spurs will either have to change their salary policy or face losing a lot of these players IMO.

Agree with this. 

Â