VillaGoMarching

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes Real not the side that were last year but step one done. We should have all 5 English sides in the last 16, even Liverpool despite dropping 2 pts at Sevilla,  when has that last happened?

Never as countries only get 4 teams. Another sign of modern football scum

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think its a good thing that the Europa League winners get a champions league spot myself and why should that deprive a side that finishes 4th in their respective league anyway. 

Europa winner deserves more than 4th or even 3rd

• Like 2

Or 2nd for that matter then.  To be fair the name is a misrepresentation of what it really is. Its a competition for the best teams in Europe to compete not for league winners. The  Europa league is a nothing competition really. 

Their league season is unraveling fast.

Nothing unusual with smaller teams finding it hard to compete in both the league and Europe at the same time.

One competition usually suffers.

Who would have thought after they thrashed Liverpool that both Arsenal and Liverpool could be ahead of them in the table after  tomorrow. Leicester is a tough game because I think they are the 7th best team in the country. 

11 hours ago, sne said:

Nothing unusual with smaller teams finding it hard to compete in both the league and Europe at the same time.

Their struggles are not a surprise and it's for the reasons you have outlined above. They have a decent first XI and that's about it. They don't have any real squad so playing the CL and trying to compete for the top four was always going to be tough for them. It was always going to be a battle between Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal for fourth. Spurs were never contenders to finish in the top 3 IMO.

Â