VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I really don't understand Kane's problem.  Hes been paid  a fortune to play football yet is unhappy. 

he's read too many roy of the rovers comics, thinks he should be the goal scoring striker making last ditch tackles in the cup final every week

its not just his lack of performances for spurs this season, in general his all round play has gone very very weird, look at the saka goal at the weekend, he makes a desperately unlucky brilliant sliding tackle...in his own box...when he loses the ball there are 6 spurs players ahead of him, when arsenal break he drops in at DMC, what the **** is that all about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Uummm…..I think it may have something to do with the fact that he wanted to leave Spurs and they blocked it from happening, as a wild guess.

I know what its about but so what, if he didnt want to stay at Spurs he shouldnt have signed the contract in the first place or did what Grealish and had a release clause put in it.  

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I know what its about but so what, if he didnt want to stay at Spurs he shouldnt have signed the contract in the first place or did what Grealish and had a release clause put in it.  

His agent is his brother say no more! Amateur Hour.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He had a gentleman's agreement, what more do you want???! 😉

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What a shite tournament to be in. At least if we ended up qualifying for it our youth team would benefit massively. Europa Conference though, it just sounds embarrassing 🤦‍♂️ 

I don’t understand, it sounds like a chore for absolutely everyone involved. Are they even going to make much money from it?

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What a shite tournament to be in. At least if we ended up qualifying for it our youth team would benefit massively. Europa Conference though, it just sounds embarrassing 🤦‍♂️ 

You've never been to Villa Park on a European night then.

Europa is what you make of it.

Spurs are the likes turning their noses up at it is a joke. They're not a super league club. They're a shower of shite

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

But then our already shit coeficcient would suffer then if got to Champions League or Europa League we would be bottom pot

Can't really resent clubs like City or Chelsea for buying success and at the same time be turn our noses up at the Europa League or Conference League and expect us to just bypass them and go straight to the CL. If we want to make a leap like that we would need to spend way, way, way beyond our means.

Atm we can only hope to one day sneak into the Conference League and should be delighted if we did.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Atm we can only hope to one day sneak into the Conference League and should be delighted if we did.

It's worth avoiding and we should just aim for the Europa League imo.

I think this Europa Conference crap is just another tournament/hurdle for clubs.

More than likely designed to make it harder for clubs to reach Champions League football etc.

• Like 1

the EL is shit because of the CL but UEFA arent going to change that competition for the better they'd probably go the other way and make it more exclusive, in an attempt to make the EL better they've come up with this, they could have done something crazy like not make their own tournament 2nd rate by having the CL rejects drop in to it or change the prize money disparity but thats a bit too sensible...this conference league is also great for the lesser nations of europe and the 1 FA 1 vote system means that we all sit here saying its shit but teams from slovenia getting the chance like they have will vote for it, its not designed for PL teams or any team from the top 5 leagues, its designed for teams in the 50 odd leagues of UEFA

it would be a brilliant competition for us next year, huge in the development of our youngsters, i think it would be better for us than the EL next year, we should be able to play a squad similar to what we put out at Barrow just a year further down the development line so it in theory wouldnt be this huge strain on the squad that the EL is (which i think is a load of bollocks anyway, EL fatigue is an excuse)

and id want to win it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

But then our already shit coeficcient would suffer then if got to Champions League or Europa League we would be bottom pot

Would get a good group at least. Being in with likes of Monaco and Real Sociedad would be big challenge to qualify but some cracking away trips.

Wouldn't be against going in europa conference league as 7th is realistic for us this season. No clue though who that team Spurs were playing last night though.

It's different for us though given we haven't played a single euro match since August 2010. Spurs played in CL final just over two years ago so that's why they're turning their noses up at this.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Can't really resent clubs like City or Chelsea for buying success and at the same time be turn our noses up at the Europa League or Conference League and expect us to just bypass them and go straight to the CL. If we want to make a leap like that we would need to spend way, way, way beyond our means.

Yes we can…

Not so much Chelsea…

but when City won the lottery and then made a concentrated effort to sign our captain/talisman every 4-6 years… whether they needed them or not… Seemingly just for shits and giggles and to scupper our progress…

We can definitely resent them… 100%…

I know I do…

Every time I see a person in a Man City shirt, I want to set them on fire…

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yes we can…

Not so much Chelsea…

but when City won the lottery and then made a concentrated effort to sign our captain/talisman every 4-6 years… whether they needed them or not… Seemingly just for shits and giggles and to scupper our progress…

We can definitely resent them… 100%…

I know I do…

Every time I see a person in a Man City shirt, I want to set them on fire…

Yeah sure, but would you still want us to buy success the same way because that's what it will take if we aim to bypass the lesser European cups and jump straight to the CL.

Â