VillaGoMarching

This Kane saga just makes me feel better about the Grealish sale.

We're a better team now. Spurs could have been too with Kane money and fixing their team.

And also. Because of performances like these, coupled with his age, his value will keep going down.

The top clubs will be looking at Haaland, not Kane.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whether Kane came back firing or not ....they really should have took that 100m

It's similar to what they did with Eriksen. He wanted to leave summer 2019 after they lost CL final. They kept him and he produced 6 months of mediocre games so they then sold him for lower fee in the January.

Same will happen with Kane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surely this last 18 months really values the work Poch did there?

I know for the 100th time they didn't win a trophy in his reign but I dunno finishing top 4 four full seasons out of five and playing in a champions league final looks a pretty good body of work to me compared to the complete shower they served up for half of Mourinho's reign and now under Nuno.

He had some top players to work with but he signed most of them and improved them with his training and coaching methods. The Poch cycle just ended as soon as the final whistle of CL final went and half the squad lost motivation.

Also important to note the state they were in when he took over (pretty similar to now). He turned players from humble(r) beginnings, some he inherited, some he promoted from the academy and some he bought (for relatively low transfer fees) like Son, Trippier, Alli, Rose, Kane, Dembele etc into superstars. Turned them into a genuine top 4 team and title contenders (genuine ones, for 2 seasons). 

Funnily enough, it was mostly his big money signings that were his least successful like Sanchez, Sissoko and N'Dombele. There were also grumblings from him that they were forced on him by Levy to placate the fans who wanted to be sign players. I know Nuno needs time, but they should have probably went the route of bringing in a manager similar to Poch who's willing to rip up the team and start from scratch, on a budget rather than Mourinho and Regen Mourinho.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also important to note the state they were in when he took over (pretty similar to now). He turned players from humble(r) beginnings, some he inherited, some he promoted from the academy and some he bought (for relatively low transfer fees) like Son, Trippier, Alli, Rose, Kane, Dembele etc into superstars. Turned them into a genuine top 4 team and title contenders (genuine ones, for 2 seasons). 

Funnily enough, it was mostly his big money signings that were his least successful like Sanchez, Sissoko and N'Dombele. There were also grumblings from him that they were forced on him by Levy to placate the fans who wanted to be sign players. I know Nuno needs time, but they should have probably went the route of bringing in a manager similar to Poch who's willing to rip up the team and start from scratch, on a budget rather than Mourinho and Regen Mourinho.

Graham Potter would've been ideal for them. May have tempted likes of Bissouma and Tariq Lamptey aswell. Now with Brighton's good start he can do better than Spurs if he moves on in next year or two.

Feels like Spurs will just keep on appointing random european managers and hope they stumble upon another Poch. They failed with the big gamble on Mourinho and dosen't feel like safety first approach with Nuno is going to work either so in a difficult position.

• Like 1

Last in the league for distance covered

I thought they gave up under Poch, gave up under Jose, not sure if they'll get started under Nuno 

Same as arsenal they've got mental problems there which is no quick fix, sack Nuno and get another manager in who has to put up with laziness when tracking back

They'll still finish 7th I think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Last in the league for distance covered

I thought they gave up under Poch, gave up under Jose, not sure if they'll get started under Nuno 

Same as arsenal they've got mental problems there which is no quick fix, sack Nuno and get another manager in who has to put up with laziness when tracking back

They'll still finish 7th I think 

Think Wolves were also quite low on running stats last season. Its the sit in deep, shuffle across defensive style Nuno looks to employ then hit on the break.

They came out a bit against Arsenal and were ripped to shreds, so expect them to properly sit in against us. 

Their squad need to show something on Sunday, be interesting to see how they get on against our energiser bunnies up front and in midfield. Without an early goal the atmosphere could really turn ugly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Think Wolves were also quite low on running stats last season. Its the sit in deep, shuffle across defensive style Nuno looks to employ then hit on the break.

They came out a bit against Arsenal and were ripped to shreds, so expect them to properly sit in against us. 

Their squad need to show something on Sunday, be interesting to see how they get on against our energiser bunnies up front and in midfield. Without an early goal the atmosphere could really turn ugly. 

They'll certainly match up 3-5-2 v us imo and hope Kane and Son can convert chances when they come.

Got to really fancy us in central midfield. Considering the negativity a few weeks back trio of Luiz-McGinn-Ramsey has been a revelation while it's been hopeless for Spurs last three games so no idea what Nuno is going to do in that position. We'll certainly outrun and outwork them in that area.

6 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Father in law is a spurs fan, I'm out to his place in a few weeks. We need to hammer the shit out of them otherwise he will piss take the entire week I'm there.

Is divorce a tangible option?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Funny how the narrative has changed. It was seen a show of intent keeping keeping Kane and some here were annoyed Spurs kept Kane and we sold Grealish. 

Everybody thought Kane was a "model professional" and wouldn't throw his toys out of the pram if he didn't get his move. Also, we didn't have the option to refuse City's bid, so nothing we could have done there.

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Be good if they have a difficult evening in front of their own supporters tonight. 

And scrape a win - meaning they won’t have lost 4 on a row before coming up against us! You know how we like to break hoodoos!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I really don't understand Kane's problem.  Hes been paid  a fortune to play football yet is unhappy. 

Uummm…..I think it may have something to do with the fact that he wanted to leave Spurs and they blocked it from happening, as a wild guess.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Uummm…..I think it may have something to do with the fact that he wanted to leave Spurs and they blocked it from happening, as a wild guess.

He wants to win something before he retires. He has 1 big move left on a 4-5 year contract. 

Go to Man City he will win the league. Stay at Spurs he will win nothing.

Â