VillaGoMarching

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Be hilarious if they actually appointed Paulo Fonseca or Gattuso now after overlooking both at last minute in the summer!

Think bottom half finish could well be on the cards if they do that.

Mighty Paolo Fonseca hasnt been snapped up by Newcastle yet either, almost like his agent thinks he is a genius. Another Marco Silva 

Didn't have enough time, but I think he'd lost the dressing room already and clearly lost the fan base.

He was nowhere near Spurs' first choice anyway so i'm not really surprised.

Wouldn't be surprised if they've spent the last few weeks lining someone else up

On 31/10/2021 at 06:39, villalad21 said:

Nuno is like a worse Mourinho. 

Woeful appointment 

This is the problem with sacking a manager.

You really only should do it if you have a good chance of replacing with something better. It’s a 2 part process.

So often clubs sack a manager then start thinking about part 2 (and it gets worse).

gotta say im kinda shocked.

They are 8th, with 15 points, 2 points off 5th and Kane is playing like a big grumpy baby.

Not sure what they expected?!!?

The other issue, is who are they going to attract, Levy is notoriously tight on the purse strings, would any top manager want a bit of that?

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Genie said:

This is the problem with sacking a manager.

You really only should do it if you have a good chance of replacing with something better. It’s a 2 part process.

So often clubs sack a manager then start thinking about part 2 (and it gets worse).

It was always going to end this way, he was clearly not their first pick. The club is a mess. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I would be, they didn’t do it when they sacked Jose.

I think that was different.

This has happened too quickly to be a coincidence.

Immediate rumours are they've got Conte lined up. Which if true means it's a no brainer to get rid of Nuno

Just now, MaVilla said:

gotta say im kinda shocked.

They are 8th, with 15 points, 2 points off 5th and Kane is playing like a big grumpy baby.

Not sure what they expected?!!?

Yeah, it seems slightly harsh, they’d have gone 4th if they beat United who were having their own troubles.

Nuno said last week there’s several players at the club not putting effort in.

I’m undecided whether Kane can’t be arsed, or is genuinely now that bad.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think that was different.

This has happened too quickly to be a coincidence.

Immediate rumours are they've got Conte lined up. Which if true means it's a no brainer to get rid of Nuno

Absolutely, if you can get Conte then you take him. His agent must be flirting with Newcastle though. I assume they’ll pay him more and give him more to spend.

If it goes badly they’ll pay him off. If I were him I’d be more tempted by a bit of fun up north than the pressure of Spurs.

Just now, Genie said:

Yeah, it seems slightly harsh, they’d have gone 4th if they beat United who were having their own troubles.

Nuno said last week there’s several players at the club not putting effort in.

I’m undecided whether Kane can’t be arsed, or is genuinely now that bad.

Bottom of the league for distance covered 

That's been spurs problem under Poch and Jose too, players aren't performing but it's the manager that gets the sack, the same players carry on not performing for the new guy too

That's going to sound familiar to us in about a year's time if we're not careful... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bottom of the league for distance covered 

That's been spurs problem under Poch and Jose too, players aren't performing but it's the manager that gets the sack, the same players carry on not performing for the new guy too

That's going to sound familiar to us in about a year's time if we're not careful... 

They said that only Norwich had had less shots than Spurs before the United game. Criminal really given what they have going forwards.

• Like 1

Â