VillaGoMarching

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the captain is an absolute disgrace, say what you want about Grealish but if we reject his move then is no chance he phones it in like this clown is currently doing 

No Grealish would never do that 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

the captain is an absolute disgrace, say what you want about Grealish but if we reject his move then is no chance he phones it in like this clown is currently doing 

What has Hugo Lloris done? 

(Pedant alert - Kane is Vice Captain btw) 

• Haha 1

Not sure why Spurs are being portrayed as having a crisis and the manager close to being sacked.  

They are 8th and 2 points behind 4th.  

They’ll probably finish 5-7th in a European spot.  

Isn’t that basically what’s expected from Spurs?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not sure why Spurs are being portrayed as having a crisis and the manager close to being sacked.  

Probaby because a lot of their fans can see that they're currently an awful team and the likely direction of travel

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Probaby because a lot of their fans can see that they're currently an awful team and the likely direction of travel

that funny reading, until you realise we made them look like prime Barcelona.

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

No Grealish would never do that 

Indeed, and in fact he *didn't* do that when it actually happened, it's not just a hypothetical .

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

Because they are playing like shit and really only have anything like the points they have because Son sometimes pulls rabbits out of the hat, and if he got injured they'd be closer to relegation than Europe.

• Like 1

They don't look good, but sacking someone after 10 league games based on the cosmetics of football rather than the points on the board would be an extreme overreaction, IMO. I also think the Kane farce should take some of the culpability away from Nuno. Ultimately though, I don't think he should have been given the job in the first place, and you don't need hindsight for that. 

I can understand fans wanting him gone, most of them never wanted him, but throwing him out this early indicates such a lack of faith in his ability to turn it around, that it would be an admission of a complete hiring **** up by Levy, so I can't see it happening.

To quote the great philosopher Malcolm Tucker: "Sacked after twelve months, looks like you've **** up. Sacked after a week, looks like he's **** up."

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They don't look good, but sacking someone after 10 league games based on the cosmetics of football rather than the points on the board would be an extreme overreaction, IMO. I also think the Kane farce should take some of the culpability away from Nuno. Ultimately though, I don't think he should have been given the job in the first place, and you don't need hindsight for that. 

I can understand fans wanting him gone, most of them never wanted him, but throwing him out this early indicates such a lack of faith in his ability to turn it around, that it would be an admission of a complete hiring **** up by Levy, so I can't see it happening.

To quote the great philosopher Malcolm Tucker: "Sacked after twelve months, looks like you've **** up. Sacked after a week, looks like he's **** up."

I agree with that, I don't think they should sack him yet. But it's no surprise it's being talked about, when the points they have on the board are not reflective of how they're playing.

As you say, the issue with Kane is massive, and that can't be all on Nuno, he looks like he just cannot be arsed with trying which is down to him. He's rapidly approaching a crossroads where these poor performances go from being 'he's throwing a strop isn't he' to 'maybe he's just become quite shit suddenly'.

• Like 1

I'd not been following the story too much, but I've just read about Conte being in the frame, that'd be quite the coup. We could really do with Spurs failing for another couple of seasons and going back to making up the numbers.

If I'm Conte though, I'm holding on a few months for Man United.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'd not been following the story too much, but I've just read about Conte being in the frame, that'd be quite the coup. We could really do with Spurs failing for another couple of seasons and going back to making up the numbers.

If I'm Conte though, I'm holding on a few months for Man United.

Conte told them to **** off in the summer, if anything this wont encourage him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

I also just don't see who they will get that turned them down in the summer? are they going to go after Potter / would he consider them?

Maybe the last Premier League manager to lose his job 😉

Â