VillaGoMarching

Mourinho - the only man who can take another manager saying that one of his players dives to mean that the other manager doesn't feed his children. The guy is doomed and is now getting to the point in his career where everyone's found out that his abrasive style just ruins the changing room.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

just watching MOTD, Son is such a **** prick. Not the first time he's done that. 

Yes but if he gets booked for it he will start crying and people will have synpathy for him again. One of the biggest assholes in the league

• Like 1

It's not an accident that since Mourinho took over Spurs, Kane, Son, Lamela et al have developed and refined their abilities in football's dark arts - its part of Jose's philosophy on the game, the Portuguese footballing philosophy where cheating is 'clever', he's training this team in his own image.

They're rapidly developing the beautifully complimentary traits of being horribly unlikeable and bang average.

I'd be disappointed if we don't finish above Spurs at some point in the next 3 seasons.

Their CB options are rubbish so they'll be looking to replace all of Toby, Sanchez and Dier within next 12 months. If they go for more Joe Rodon type signings it will take a while for it to settle down at the back.

And Kane will surely leave at some point within next two years, perhaps Son aswell. With theitr budget they'll do very well to replace both effectively.

They fell away a bit after losing Bale in summer 2013 after all.

If we want to be as good as we want to be we simply have to take advantage of top 6 teams that lose their way a bit and have a couple of fallow seasons while they rebuild and with the stadium to pay for on reduced income Spurs will be one of those teams unless they get in another Pochettino who can overachieve on limited budget.

It was interesting listening to the game yesterday and Tyler was saying the stadium had been open two years now and still no sponsorship deal had been achieved. You'd think Levy would be desperate to get one sorted given it will be another year without Spurs hosting NFL games which was going to be a big cash cow for them.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not an accident that since Mourinho took over Spurs, Kane, Son, Lamela et al have developed and refined their abilities in football's dark arts - its part of Jose's philosophy on the game, the Portuguese footballing philosophy where cheating is 'clever', he's training this team in his own image.

They're rapidly developing the beautifully complimentary traits of being horribly unlikeable and bang average.

Must admit i never could stand Lamela. An bang average footballer  with his bs Rabona. The other two are great players though. 

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If you were Kane would you leave for a chance of trophies or stay to be the record goal scorer at the club?

its a hard one only he can answer, if he's a Spurs fan i can see why he might want to stay, similar to our Jack!

But i can also see why he might want to go!

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If you were Kane would you leave for a chance of trophies or stay to be the record goal scorer at the club?

Depends how much you loved the club and how old you'd be when you likely broke the record (could you move afterwards and win a trophy in your 30s)?

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The thing with Kane that's different to Jack is that both Manchester clubs need a striker, and both will be competing for trophies next season. That'll be his driver when deciding to move 

Jack is a great player, but all the clubs that have a realistic chance of signing him already have players in his position that'll need to be moved on first. With covid cutting into budgets I think we've got a few more seasons with Jack yet.

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Depends how much you loved the club and how old you'd be when you likely broke the record (could you move afterwards and win a trophy in your 30s)?

He is under 50 goals behind at the moment so i would say end of next season is a reasonable timeframe to break it 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is under 50 goals behind at the moment so i would say end of next season is a reasonable timeframe to break it 

Just Googled Kane to see how old he is... 

Apparently he was born in 1967 and is 7 feet tall, weighing 23 stone. 

Think I might have gone a little wrong there. 

Spoiler

The real one is apparently only 27 so he should break that record by the time he's 30. Still young to get one big move (as long as he doesn't have ages on his contract pricing him out of it) to win some trophies, similar to RVP to Utd. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Son: for a novel approach to recieving less abuse on social media, try being less of a word removed.

Slightly an aside here, but for me a big part of supporting anti-racism is the importance that we don't apply any standard to the victim whatsoever, a black man who has saved a child from a burning building deserves the same support against racism as a black man who has just murdered a child. It's the understanding that race isn't and shouldn't be the issue that's important. People should be judged on what they do.

I'm quite happy to acknowledge that Son is a diving word removed, but it's not down to his skin, his culture or where he's from and he shouldn't have to suffer abuse on that basis.

• Like 4

I love Son and I wouldn’t expect anything less from him than to do exactly what his manager tells him to do with a smile on his face. If he played for Bielsa he’d run 24k a game. If he played in a McLeish side, he’d be a right back. If he played for Pardew he’d be touching up young ladies in Ibiza.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â