VillaGoMarching

On 11/02/2021 at 23:18, Zatman said:

I think the squad is pretty poor, of the team that started vs West Brom only Son and Kane get into a top 6 team, Alderweirlad Ben Davies and Lloris might make the squad but thats it. 

The defence is really poor and no creativity in centre midfield. People can blame Mourinho but this was from before he joined

Mourinho spent his second summer at Man. United trying to buy Eric Dier. Signed Matic instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/11/manchester-united-eric-dier-tottenham-new-bid

Also wanted Toby when he was being frozen out for not signing a new deal under Poch. Passed it but probably still Spurs best CB when you look at how hopeless Davison Sanchez is, the very defintion of a ball watching CB as seen with the third Man. City goal when Gundogan made him look like a sunday league defender.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mourinho 6/4 to be sacked

Think he’ll see the season out, but I won’t be shocked to see him gone then. Levy will look at the difference in league positions and cup finishes and think he can get better. 

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Think he’ll see the season out, but I won’t be shocked to see him gone then. Levy will look at the difference in league positions and cup finishes and think he can get better. 

Can he get better though? They had Jose and Poch and need a big rebuilding job plus Levy is bringing in players he wants like Bale. Plus the stadium still needs to be paid so money isnt easy 

Its not really a club that you would be looking at if you are a top manager 

What i dont get with spurs instead of wasting all that money sacking poch, bring Mourinho and then giving him a laod of money, why didnt they just back poch?

I think they will win carabao and that will save joses reputation before he gets sacked either in summer or next season. Then some othee mugs will take him on and he will help destroy that club

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can he get better though? They had Jose and Poch and need a big rebuilding job plus Levy is bringing in players he wants like Bale. Plus the stadium still needs to be paid so money isnt easy 

Its not really a club that you would be looking at if you are a top manager 

Nope, he won’t get better. But I imagine he’ll think he can. I’d really love to see them go back for ‘Arry and nosedive down the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Nope, he won’t get better. But I imagine he’ll think he can. I’d really love to see them go back for ‘Arry and nosedive down the league. 

Arry might be too old but his arrogant nephew is available 😉

• Like 2

A Spurs fan I know said that there's a little group of Winks, Alli, Sissokho and Aurier that are openly agitating for the manager to get the sack and that there's a lot of division and unhappiness in the dressing room.

I've got two thoughts on that.

Firstly, those four are all disposable, they do nothing for Spurs that's not being done better by others in the squad. If I was Jose all four of those would be very publicly on the transfer list this morning and training with the kids for the foreseeable. I'd imagine Southgate would buy Winks.

Secondly, who'd have thought that a team managed by Jose Mourinho would end up with a troubled divided dressing room full of drama and unhappiness? I wonder where he'll go next, it's hard to see him getting another huge job and the only place I can really see him is back in Portugal or as an international manager - in many ways it's a shame, he's an incredible manager who seems to struggle to get out of his own way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In fairness its a funny 4 players to lead a revolt, I am sure Danny Rose has joined them. Its like Villa under MON having players like Harewood, Beye, Sidwell and Salifou leading a revolt against him

the big guns at Spurs like Kane, Son and Lloris seem to have Mourinho side but the rest seem happy to be in mediocrity or just arent good enough

I think they are where spurs are as a club even though that's not where they want to be

Slim hopes of chasing 4th, in a cup final, that's not bad but they have an expectation of more 

Ironically appointing Jose doesn't help that, they think they're bigger than they are

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It seems to me Mourinho doesnt know which way to turn. Attack or defend! The last two games he has got horribly wrong,  Dont expect them to be so passive against us. 

that would play into our hands I think. If they sit back it will be much more difficult for us

Â