VillaGoMarching

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember you used to live in Korea, didn't you, so I'm sure you remember how  after every Man United game the brief post-match highlights would be the highlights of *what Park did* rather than *what were the highlights of the game*

Sometimes the video would be eg United score a goal, Park warms up, Park comes off the bench, Park makes a pass, Park shakes hands with another player at the full-time whistle, nothing else. Excellent stuff.

Yeah I did and that's exactly how I remember their coverage.  It was ridiculous.

Bolton always got a disproportionate amount of coverage too as they had Lee Chung-Yong.  When Villa were playing either United or Bolton we'd be guaranteed to be on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what the obsession is with writing off the managers of the big clubs.

Ole, Jose, Pep, Klopp, , Arteta etc

As soon as they lose a game or 2

“Finished, dinosaur, PE teacher etc”.

The league and cups are marathons, not sprints. There’s ups and downs. It’s just normal business.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t know what the obsession is with writing off the managers of the big clubs.

The league and cups are marathons, not sprints. There’s ups and downs. It’s just normal business.

Yeah but that doesn't sit well with the sensationalism of today's popular opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Yeah but that doesn't sit well with the sensationalism of today's popular opinion.

I think it’s the “first” mentality.

“I’ve been saying it since last year....”

“I said even before he was appointed he’d flop”

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

It is the short term nature of football nowadays that every other week there's a different manager under pressure. Like you I think the stick OGS has got for most of this season has been way OTT but we'll see if they quickly bounce back from the shock loss the other day. Arteta I actually though got an easy ride from the press given how bad Arsenal were most weeks up to xmas but he's suprisingly turned things round.

Media were hardly calling for Frank Lampard's sacking so in that respect club was far more ruthless in sending him off when they could've given him a few more games.

Ulitmately though if Leicester don't blow up this season (Rodgers is bottler etc :lol:) then at least one of the big boys will miss out on CL and all the rich toys it brings.

Jose Mourinho finishing 6th in the league when he has full season will always bring scrutiny given how much abuse he used to direct at Wenger for seasons when he'd finish 3rd or 4th and win an FA cup.

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

would throw it the other way too, the PL in association with sky and BT and others love to drum in to you how competitive the PL is, how the likes of spurs have a chance of winning, how kane is world class, bale is world class, the stadium is world class, everything is world class... they give the impression that they should be insuperable and then try and scream "drama" when they dont look anything other than absolute world beaters

the problem is they do the same with 5 or 6 teams and then the way they present everything they dont allow anything to give when they play each other

are spurs a good team? yes, are liverpool are a better team? yes, thats it, that is what it is but that doesnt sell, so it becomes a case of spurs were poor

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the modern football fan is an idiot, social media is a poison for opinions

People don’t even wait until 90 minutes. Once a team goes being “he’s finished”, “he’s a fraud”... then comes back to win 2-1 .....silence.....

We see it in other football every single match day by certain posters. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

They looked absolutely toothless without Kane. Plus Son has been inflating their points total by scoring screamers every other week but that can only go on for so long.

Lowest xG of any team this round of fixtures? Spurs.

Lowest of any team in the previous round? Also Spurs.

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

They looked absolutely toothless without Kane. Plus Son has been inflating their points total by scoring screamers every other week but that can only go on for so long.

Lowest xG of any team this round of fixtures? Spurs.

Lowest of any team in the previous round? Also Spurs.

That's why i'm impressed with City right now.

KDB being out doesn't seem to effect them at all.

That's what world class coaches do. The system will pull you through even if you get bad luck with injuries. Look at Liverpool too. Impressive.

22 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

When are we supposed to play this bucket of rats piss posing as a football team?

Tbc based on when they hit form again of course.

Now would be a really good time to play both our games in hand.

• Haha 1

Didn't they use to be fairly clever with signings or at least contracts?

The Bale signing was always going to be a disaster, he is finished. And if you believe the papers (you probably shouldn't :D ) then they have also been interested in bringing Christian Eriksen and Aaron Ramsey in. 

The salaries for this type of players are just impossible to justify, even if they get them for free or cheap.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 08:16, a-k said:

Never like seeing players get injured, but have to say this is a bit of karma for all those times he's done this this season and completely wiped out the defender mid-air.

That’s where you’re getting sentimental mate...

It’s much much easier if you only see Villa players as “people”

On 29/01/2021 at 13:07, Genie said:

People don’t even wait until 90 minutes. Once a team goes being “he’s finished”, “he’s a fraud”... then comes back to win 2-1 .....silence.....

We see it in other football every single match day by certain posters. 

He is done though isnt he? He's been a shambles for the best part of half a decade.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is done though isnt he? He's been a shambles for the best part of half a decade.

I know yeah, only 1 league title, 1 league cup, 1 community shield and 1 Europa League in that time. I’d love some of that shambles :lol: 

Only has 1 cup final secured this season too. 

We can move past them next season. Absolutely no doubt.

If we buy OK and keep Jack, it'll happen without too much fuss.

They are packed with utter shit. They've been crap for years but have Son and Kane. They were crap the year they got to Champions League final, ask any Spurs fan who knows their onions. The bad performances carried on and Pocc eventually got booted but there's something wrong there.

Look at the state of the weekly wages of these wasters...
Gareth Bale £600,000 (probably only paying 20-60%)
Dele Alli  £100,000
Hugo Lloris  £100,000
Erik Lamela  £80,000
Lucas Moura  £80,000
Moussa Sissoko  £80,000
Eric Dier £72,215
Serge Aurier £70,000
Matt Doherty  £65,385
Davinson Sanchez  £65,000
Ben Davies  £60,000
Danny Rose  £60,000
Joe Hart   £51,923
Harry Winks   £50,000

That's probably at least £60m a year on that lot they're spending. And I would actually guess it's much more.

• Haha 1

Â