VillaGoMarching

30 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Perfect timing for Mourinho to kick up a fuss and get himself sacked really. He's not really been backed brilliantly there and isn't doing the best of jobs but by leaving "because of the Super League" he can go with his reputation enhanced from the whole thing.

I don't doubt that all of the managers involved are against the Super League as a concept but for Mourinho in particular its the perfect get out of Spurs card that he's been waiting for.

Not a fan of him any longer but fair play if he stood up for his football principles and they sacked him on the spot (I know he'd have been sacked regardless end of season but still..) Gone up in my estimation if that's true.

Hopefully a few more managers stand up for what's right for football in next few weeks, Klopp is already on record as being dead against any super league so that's one to watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Never should have been given the job in the first place and his sacking is over due. I'd say he's gutted he's missing the league cup final, a chance to save face. 

you can imagine the board meeting

Levy "how can we replace the revenue from the CL that we're not going to get?"

mr head of marketing "get me jose and an amazon documentary"

it was a proper look at us still being relevant move, same with the bale loan, neither have worked, now they're going to have to actually do something, they need a top tier manager and 2 or 3 top players to go anywhere, where will they get the money from? i guess they dont need that £350m superleague ground improvement pot...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

if he stood up for his football principles

Jose doesn't have any principles. Look at the destruction he's left behind him where ever he's been, his treatment of Eva Canerio was incredibly bad. 

Think Brendan Rodgers is a good bet to be next Spurs manager.

Leicester probably going to miss out on top 4 again so will probably feel like he's taken them to their limit.

Has top level managerial experience and can improve players on the training pitch so fits the Spurs model for next 5 years pretty well. Similar to when they picked up Pochettino in 2014.

Haven't looked at the odds yet but would imagine he's favourite.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester probably going to miss out on top 4 again so will probably feel like he's taken them to their limit.

Has top level managerial experience and can improve players on the training pitch so fits the Spurs model for next 5 years pretty well. Similar to when they picked up Pochettino in 2014.

Leicester are on course to be champions!*

*if the big 6 are kicked out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

sideways move, probably has more transfer freedom at Leicester who actually won things recently ;)   This Spurs job is not a great position, Kane and Son will probably leave now and they were both close to Mourinho as well

Its a huge rebuilding job to be done, need a new back 4, probably 3 midfielders and 3 forwards to even get near the top 6

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sideways move, probably has more transfer freedom at Leicester who actually won things recently ;)   This Spurs job is not a great position, Kane and Son will probably leave now and they were both close to Mourinho as well

Its a huge rebuilding job to be done, need a new back 4, probably 3 midfielders and 3 forwards to even get near the top 6

They need 10 players to get near the top six? They are currently 7th, two points behind 6th. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They need 10 players to get near the top six? They are currently 7th, two points behind 6th. 

They are being carried by Kane and Son to a far greater degree than we are by Grealish or even United are by Bruno. If Son and Kane go, which is looking increasingly likely, they've only got about 3 players who are top 6 quality imo. We've got at least that many.

How many of their first XI would you swap for ours? That stadium is a weight around their neck too.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't see that happening. I'd say it will be 《fancy foreign name》.

They could give it to anybody now really. They don't need to win another game of football in their existence as they'll make their money from the Super League regardless of results.

They were being linked with Nuno last week, would be surprisng with Wolves' form this season, and he's quite a similar manager Mourinho. If that did happen, Mourinho would probably  be then linked to Wolves given the Mendes connection.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

They were being linked with Nuno last week, would be surprisng with Wolves' form this season, and he's quite a similar manager Mourinho. If that did happen, Mourinho would probably  be then linked to Wolves given the Mendes connection.

I imagine Nuno will take Mendes with him (if he goes!)

Â