Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My mum loved that question. First thing she said was Peter Withe :) Likewise when they did the picture question where you had to name the members of the England squad shown - can't recall which comp it was for - but she said Withe again, and that time he was pointless

So basically, no matter the category being played, your mum says Peter Withe as every answer and it just so happened that on two occasions it was right? ;)

True enough. But experience tells me that suffering through a really bad performance makes me even more miserable than simply seeing the result later.

I've saved myself (and my loved ones) some very bad feelings a couple of times this season by doing that.

Sunderland though, I just felt compelled to watch it, despite the fact that I am by instinct a pessimist.

I'm exactly the same way as you Mooney. Some of my friends who are also Villa fans call me a bad fan because I don't watch them on TV against the tougher teams when we're not doing so well. It's not about that, it's for me and the people around me, because I know that I can be miserable and incredibly irritable after watching Villa lose. Yeah I'm still annoyed when I hear the result, but watching the entire game and seeing all the stupid mistakes just sets me off and it's really not worth it to get that upset over a football match.

I did, however, feel the need to watch the Sunderland game. I don't know why I thought I should watch it, I just thought we might have a chance I guess. Naturally I'm over the moon that I saw it.

• Like 2

On the subject of "pointless"

I'm going to see a couple of episodes getting filmed next week. Should be interesting!

I'll report back as to whether we get asked any questions.

Hogso is right. People get polled online without knowing it. Otherwise answers like 'The Central African Republic' would score a lot more.

My mum loved that question. First thing she said was Peter Withe :) Likewise when they did the picture question where you had to name the members of the England squad shown - can't recall which comp it was for - but she said Withe again, and that time he was pointless

So basically, no matter the category being played, your mum says Peter Withe as every answer and it just so happened that on two occasions it was right? ;)

Peter Withe.

• Like 3

True enough. But experience tells me that suffering through a really bad performance makes me even more miserable than simply seeing the result later.

I've saved myself (and my loved ones) some very bad feelings a couple of times this season by doing that.

Sunderland though, I just felt compelled to watch it, despite the fact that I am by instinct a pessimist.

I'm exactly the same way as you Mooney. Some of my friends who are also Villa fans call me a bad fan because I don't watch them on TV against the tougher teams when we're not doing so well. It's not about that, it's for me and the people around me, because I know that I can be miserable and incredibly irritable after watching Villa lose. Yeah I'm still annoyed when I hear the result, but watching the entire game and seeing all the stupid mistakes just sets me off and it's really not worth it to get that upset over a football match.

I did, however, feel the need to watch the Sunderland game. I don't know why I thought I should watch it, I just thought we might have a chance I guess. Naturally I'm over the moon that I saw it.

glad it's not just me

Any number of times in the last two years I've deliberately done something else entirely on a match day rather than ruin  a weekend for the four of us. I care so much, sometimes I don't watch.

• Like 1

Pretty much sorted who I'm living with for next year at uni and then another lad muscles his way in. 

I've no problem with this person, it's just that I don't really know him (I've met him 5 times tops) and I know for a fact all he does is sit in and play Call Of Duty. Don't really want to live with someone like that.

Pretty much sorted who I'm living with for next year at uni and then another lad muscles his way in. 

I've no problem with this person, it's just that I don't really know him (I've met him 5 times tops) and I know for a fact all he does is sit in and play Call Of Duty. Don't really want to live with someone like that.

Can you get out of it? Or is this pretty much set?

just imagine, once you get to know him it could turn out he's on VT and has shagged his uncle's shih tzu

• Like 1

Can you get out of it? Or is this pretty much set?

Nothing is set yet, but he how can we turn around and essentially tell him to do one?

That's just the sort of person I'd like to live with. He'll be in front of his xbox all day and out of your hair. Okay, you'll have to get used to him shouting about **** people's mum's all day, but I've had worse roommates than that

That's just the sort of person I'd like to live with. He'll be in front of his xbox all day and out of your hair. Okay, you'll have to get used to him shouting about **** people's mum's all day, but I've had worse roommates than that

Yeah, that's all well and good. But I want to live with people who are my friends, not someone who I've met on a handful of occasions. 

Ye gods. Lady Gaga is shit. Pretty much intolerable. And very **** noisy.

Now, imagine a shit tribute act to her, on stage, butchering shite songs very loudly.

Got it?

Yeah, that's outside my house.

She's got those weird made-from-ikea-furniture costumes to boot.

• Like 1

I'll take your Lady Gaga and raise you Lana Del Ray, what a miserable, boring performer she is. Put a bloody smile on your face when you sing! She looks disinterested in what she does which also makes her seem incredibly arrogant. I might not mind so much if her songs were interesting or I thought she could sing. What a total waste of space.

Also, on the topic of talentless musical artists...

He's shit at writing songs, he can't sing and needs an auto-tuner and his lyrics are terrible. Then he attempts to play guitar - I suspect because he thinks having an electric guitar looks cool slung around your back, so he thought he should at least give it a go.

An absolutely talentless moron. It enrages me to know there are so many genuinely talented bands and artists out there who can't get a break in the industry, yet the charts are filled with shit like Lil Wayne.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I'm looking after a mate's apartment for a few days. I can see Griffin Park from here. It's a stones throw from his building. In the row of houses below are a family - one has a Brentford shirt on, but two of the kids are wearing United tops FFS. They could probably kick their football into Griffin Park from where their garden is.

Â